Tamiya 1/48 F-14A Tomcat

That's awesome news.  I thought I'd heard someone say the kit wings would only go to 68 degree full sweep.  I've been looking at the sprue photos trying to figure out how I would have to modify the wing sweep mechanism to put them in oversweep.  If the kit comes with that capability, it's one less thing to worry about.  And one more reason to love this kit!  Can't wait to get mine and take a shot at it.

12 hours ago, Hornet14 said:

Very nice kit and build will the SB update set allow most of the A models of the 80s and 90s to be built? I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to F-14 blocks. 

You are correct. The SB set will allow you to build up to just after Desert Storm, when they started getting the NACA vents. I'm working on a late A upgrade as well as an early A backdate, so eventually you'll be able to build just about any F-14A.

4 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

You are correct. The SB set will allow you to build up to just after Desert Storm, when they started getting the NACA vents. I'm working on a late A upgrade as well as an early A backdate, so eventually you'll be able to build just about any F-14A.

:woo:1989 VF-51 here I come!

• 2 weeks later...