Academy 1:48 F-111F Aardvark, 48th TFW(P), Desert Storm

10 hours ago, kurnass77 said:

Beautiful Benner!!!

DS birds have a special place in my mind,maybe 'cause was a confict I remember so clearly and so close to my memories...

Gianni

Same with me, hence why I had been building DS birds for years.  My display case for DS builds is nearly full so it will soon be time to move on to a different subject...  My earlier builds aren't very good so I've decided to "redo" some of them.  My goal to add a GR1 Tornado, F-4G, F-16C, and F-5E, into that display.

10gfzts.jpg

Lately, I've been building 1:72 Star Wars.

On 2016-10-12 at 9:59 AM, Viper316 said:

That came out great!! What  paints did you use? Thanks for sharing.

Rod

I airbrush with acrylics.  With the standard FS numbers for an Aardvark, I used Gunze Sangyo Aqueous Hobby Colour for the two greens, and Model Master for the brown.  The underside was Tamiya Black mixed with some grey.  

On 2016-10-12 at 3:26 PM, Aigore said:

Your Aardvark is outstanding!  :worship:

Fantastic details and finish, only missing the static dischargers, are you going to put some on?

I doubt it, that's beyond my "good enough" look for me ;)  ... unless "good enough" changes one day.

Thanks for the compliments everyone :)

On 2016-10-15 at 0:36 AM, RKic said:

That's a great collection Ben. How deep are the shelves in that thing? 

the glass shelf is 18 inches wide, there is about 3 inches from the shelf to the glass doors.  Just enough space to fit 7 models per shelf, except the Navy section where the wings are all folded and I can cram in more :)