New Italeri B-52

Not horribly bad, depending on how well designed and accurate the kit is.  The AMT kit has bad wing angles, soft details and the plastic is really soft.  Engines are noticeably undersized, and fuel tanks are off as well.  Usually around $79 so $20 bucks more for a good kit is not too far out of line.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2016 at 5:57 PM, murad said:

would be this one i think, but the price is a bit on the steep side.

http://www.modelcollect.com/b-52h-us-stratofortress-strategic-bomber

It's not steep when you consider the fact that Italeri's reissue of the inaccurate AMT/ERTL B-52G will list for $72.99.

http://www.italeriusa.com/product-details.php?id=ITAS1378

Especially if they do a good job on it.

Of course, I still won't be able to afford either one. :crying:

Larry

On 10/11/2016 at 5:32 PM, richter111 said:

Not horribly bad, depending on how well designed and accurate the kit is.  The AMT kit has bad wing angles, soft details and the plastic is really soft.  Engines are noticeably undersized, and fuel tanks are off as well.  Usually around $79 so $20 bucks more for a good kit is not too far out of line.

I have this kit in the stash and now I'm concerned about the engine size when I start building it. When you say noticeably undersized could you please expand on this a bit please. Are you talking a millimeter or something significantly higher. I just want to know if I should be looking for something on the aftermarket.

Thanks 

Mark