Anyone have any images of P-51H's with a glare shield that curves at the front? Was getting ready to mask mine and noticed the ones in the unit I'm doing (134th Vermont ANG) have a curve to the front instead of going more or less a straight line all the way to the spinner. I don't know if this results in a rounded front center, or if it curves and still meets the spinner, or what? 

I welcome your thoughts!

P-51H.jpgF-51H_134thFS.jpg

Thanks Don; you know how it goes, though, whatever I pick in good faith will be proven wrong in newly-found photos right after I finish it! :soapbox:

Was kinda hoping there was a standard to it, sort of like there was a general standard to the antiglare shields on, say, F-14's, most of the time. 

The anti glare always curves on NMF Mustangs.

The low angle at which most photos are taken combined with shape of the plane's nose make it appear straight but it's an illusion.

Here is the factory drawing for the P-51H anti glare:

P-51H%20ANTI-GLARE_zpsarcpbsaf.png

5 hours ago, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Although...lol...now that I review other photos of 51H's, it seems that on the Vermont birds above the curvature at the front is definitely more pronounced, definitely different from the others....?

You are correct, the curvature is more pronounced at the front and almost forms a point just behind the spinner.

Keep in mind that the factory drawings are not meant to accurately represent the shape of an object, they just show the different parts with the dimensions.

Follow the dimensions and it should end up looking like the photos.

Of course these are just guidelines not absolutes, there could have been slight variations at the factory and some planes could have been repainted at some point.