Academy 1/72 F/A-18F kit 12535

Recently I have recieved this kit and upon opening the box I was thrown back by the extremely fine surface detail, it's incredibly awesome.  I have the Reveal kit of the F/A-18F kit 04864, and it is truly an outstanding kit with nearly flawless fit and fine surface detail.  The difference is that the Academy kit is a "snap fit kit" the Revell is a standard glue kit.  Normally with a snap fit kit the plastic is soft, not so with the Academy kit, it's good old styrene and the fit is flawless.  The only minors would be the decals being slightly off register and the one piece canopy both easily remedied...its multi-colored plastic but where it should be, gray, black and white.  Get this kit or even both and you will be in awe!!!  Oh, and if you have the Hasegawa offering, leave for a good practice build... Good times, modelers!!!

Edited by LZ82
Additional information

Upon closer observation of the spru tree call out's, it seems as though Academy has the "E and G" in the works...yumm!!!

Edited by LZ82