ARC Forums warning page is gone.

3 hours ago, niart17 said:

WooHoo, I'm here, no warning. Good job. Still checking out the curtains and decor, not turned off but not sold on it yet. Perhaps it'll grow on me.

Bill

The one feature I do like is the notifications feature at the top of the page.  This permits me to quickly jump to content I've actively interested in.  I DO like that.

1 hour ago, SBARC said:

ok...no warning this morning for me...I hope that is the end of the red warning page.

I must have been using an old URL. If I used the following one from my Favorites/Bookmarks, I got the red warning page, then the 404 page:

http://s490816932.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php

I went to the ARC Air Home Page & clicked the Forums link and got here, without any bad pages.

So I deleted the old Bookmark, and replaced it with this one.

So far, so good. :thumbsup:

Maybe it's time for me to upgrade from Windows 95? :dontknow:

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak

I think it might be updated and fixed now.

Earlier today, when I signed in, it was there. I shut down my laptop in order to clean off the screen (I hate dust), and just now restarted it from "full off",,,,,,,and I came directly here without the Red Page.

It takes a while for some changes to "crawl through" and get updated, even after you fixed it. I think it might really be gone now.

(geez, I hope so, you just spent a month offline in order to fix things and update the forum,,,,,,you had to be pulling your hair out after the second or third week, eh?)

I do not see the warning on any of devices - I guess we could assume it is resolved for good.

Some of the features that existed on the old forum are still not enabled - such as the listing of members currrently visiting a forum or thread, etc. But I am sure you can enable them as you get more familiar with the new software.

9 hours ago, ReccePhreak said:

I got the red warning page, and when I clicked through it, I got a page saying the Domain name had just been registered. I sent Steve an email on it. Then when I clicked on the forums link on the ARC home page, I got the red warning page, and was able to click through to the forums. WIERD!

Larry

Maybe clear your browser cache and cookie? Looks like it's still loading a cached version with the redirect malware.

NVM, saw your other reply, you were loading the forum from old server link.

Edited by Inquisitor

Does McAffee have issues with ARC? I was just warned that there was issues ahead if

I came here. I accepted the "danger" and came anyways. Now what's going to happen to

me that's devious and evil? Am I going to be assaulted by roaming bands of rivet counters?---John

9 hours ago, ReccePhreak said:

I must have been using an old URL. If I used the following one from my Favorites/Bookmarks, I got the red warning page, then the 404 page:

http://s490816932.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php

I went to the ARC Air Home Page & clicked the Forums link and got here, without any bad pages.

So I deleted the old Bookmark, and replaced it with this one.

So far, so good. :thumbsup:

Maybe it's time for me to upgrade from Windows 95? :dontknow:

Larry

Yup...that was the URL from the old server computer.

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

THANK-YOU Steve!!!

You're welcome....it was a struggle to do....I'm glad it's all fixed.

Nice job on the CF-100's Shawn....they are on the homepage today.  :thumbsup::thumbsup: