Hobbyboss SU-27B review

3 hours ago, boom175 said:

I wonder if you could heat up the wingtip in some hot water and twis the tips to get the proper washout???

Definitely! I am doing this with academy flankers for years. Their whole wing is always warped :)

But with this, you can just glue the pylon with some angle too. I think it is just 1degree or so anyway. 

There is simple solution to make proper angle at the wingtip. Su-27 has "twisted" wing, that mean sligtly negative angle of attack on wingtips. You need just glue fuselage halves first. Unglued wing remain very flexible. Тhen fix the wing twist and glue them with liquid glue. I've already done this and it is really simple procedure. 

1 hour ago, The Scaremonger said:

I can't insist enough on this; the washout is indeed present on the Hobby Boss Flanker kits. You've just got to check for mild warpage amidst the wing chord of some examples. Here's good proof of it:

15224613_10153988995220671_1457447054_o_

On a side note...What paints did you use for your colors? They look spot on (for a monitor)

51 minutes ago, The Scaremonger said:

Matt, this is TigerBlack's build on Z5; he says to have used a mix of Akan & Vallejo for the camo, + Alclad & AK for the metal shines.

Zone Five Forum - Workbench

Thanks. Looks good.

Does anyone still think White Ensign colors are good? I have their Flanker colors on hand.

• 2 months later...
On 14-10-2016 at 6:46 PM, The Scaremonger said:

Hi, keen!

Well, so much for the pictures... :crying2: What's with the frames of the windshield and canopy like? Didn't catch up on that.

Been going through both threads on BM, and now I think I'm more puzzled than I was before... :hmmm: Aren't the HobbyBoss 1/48 Su-27 and J-11 kits exactly the same?

Am I to take it that there's an issue with the shape of the LERX on these kits as well?  :woot.gif:  Something related to the engine nacelles being undersized and the circumference of the exhausts being wrong?

There's even one bloke going about the tail fins being narrow?  

Please clarify.

Thanks. 

So? Just enjoy building the kit 

2 hours ago, Hobbyboss fan said:

So? Just enjoy building the kit 

yeah! that's what you should do also, fanboy... leave this place and go make some advertisement elsewhere! ...and we would all enjoy this!

Trolls are easily recognizable. bearing a model company name in it's username should be considered as "advertisement" and shouldn't be tolerated. (in respect to Real Companies guys that frequent that forum)

and like Sabre Freak said : Your Yugo, yeah, just enjoy it...

2 hours ago, Hobbyboss fan said:

Despite your judgements, I am really a fan of Hobbyboss kits. They build very well and I like them a lot. 

And how the hell did you know I drive a Yugo!!!??

then you should try Tamiya kits! you'll be blow away!

other than that, why not Trumpeter fan? or TrumpyBoss Fan? they're quite interchangeable, and randomly covers the same range...but never compete! they are "sisters" companies! (more like "Siamese sisters" joint by the head...and by the pooper...obviously!)

but, at least, you seems to have a good sense of humor.