U.S. Army Bell OH-58D Kiowa Warrior, 1/35th MRC

Thank you all.

I dry-fitted the Werner Wings doghouse and sadly it didnt fit so well, so lot of sanding and putty will be required. The piece is very good quality but i added some detail to the interior where the rotor mast goes.

Hope u like it.

Rod.

20161119_180523_zpsvssrl1bz.jpg

20161119_180535_zpstnprle45.jpg

20161119_180431_zpsx1j29kc2.jpg

20161119_182342_zpslgmqomft.jpg

Edited by salvador001
On 10/15/2016 at 5:45 PM, salvador001 said:

DSC09916_zpslw1nmegk.jpg

For 100% accuracy, the red line that comes out from the back of the engine, is the fuel line, it is connected to the fuel control just above the second generator, the second red line on the fron, is actually also supposed to go to the back of the engine, next to the injector, that is the ignitor. The lines coming through the front bulkhead are supposed to be the throttle cable only, attached to a linear actuator on the front, and also the electrical and Torque connectors from the engine sensors.

Now this is me being absolutely silly, as the work is astounding, and way above anything I could ever achieve...

Cheers

H. (1500 hours on various Bell 206 products which share the same engine type etc)

Winnie, thanks for pointing it out. Man, you should have told me a couple months before now LOL. I cant fix it at this time, the bird is almost completed and i can ruin it.

When i build the next one, please come by and help me.

Thanks!

Rod.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic work Rod, she's looking great.   Question or two - are you sure that smoke grenades were stored on the glareshield?  Never seen that in any of the pics I've come across.  Typically the crew kept their M4's there, along with the "green book", maybe some other junk such as water bottles, maps, etc.

Also, did you confirm that your helo had the laser detector fitted while in Afghanistan?  I thought most of these helos had them removed to save weight.   

BTW - that SATCOM antenna is a piece of artwork.  How did you make it?

Edited by 11bee

Thank you guys!

The main color is Model Master Acrylic US Army Helo Drab FS34031 lightened with white for scale effect. Fading is done using a mix of olive drab, helo drab and white.

Hi John. Glad you like it. Well, i have not seen a real pic of the bird im building, ive asked and searched but none. I only have the profile art from the Fireball decal sheet and the bird appears with the laser sensors installed. The egg beater SATCOM was made using thin styrene sheet and rod. I just bend it to shape with the tweezers.

Heres a pic of the smoke grenades i used for reference.

Rod.

oh-58d-kiowa-920-181_zps3aijneos.jpg

The bird is now finished, just waiting for a couple of HGU-56P helmets to stick into the cockpit.

Anyways, heres the final product, hope you all like it. I had a lot of fun with it.

Kit used: MRC OH-58D Black Death

Aftermarkets: Werner Wings update set, Zactomodel MMS, resin and PE set, Fireball Skulls and Spurs decals, Live Resin M4 carbines, Fireball M260 pod, Armycast M3P gun system, Reedoak HGU-56P helmets (pending), Eduard RBF 1/48 scale.

Major scratchbuilt pieces:

Exterior: Antennas (all), wire strike blades, electrical wiring, skid shoes, tail rotor, AN/AVR-2 laser sensors.

Interior: Seats cushings, modified IP, modified upper consoles,  jettison handles, pilot armoured plates handles, first aid kit, etc.

Aircraft represented: Bell OH-58D 92-00518 ´´Azrael´´ from 2-17 cav, 101st Airborne. Afghanistan 2008.

Greetings.

Rod.

DSC00047_zpsqvs2edsm.jpg

DSC00066_zpsaaxty2i2.jpg

DSC00044_zps47m109q1.jpg

DSC00080_zps5znlpdfl.jpg

DSC00055_zps9frkwsn4.jpg

DSC00050_zpsbwdejih3.jpg

DSC00083_zpswi2qxxhz.jpg

DSC00068_zpsmjj4l04v.jpg

DSC00045_zpsdtmeyqtg.jpg

Edited by salvador001