Wolfpak October Release

Gentlemen,

Something new from Wolfpak this release has in addition to the two sheets of contemporary subjects two additional sheets of World War II ones.  Here we go!

Sheet 72-096, East of Eden:  First of all on this sheet all subjects were based in New Guinea.  Starting off is a P-40K followed by Neel Kearby’s P-47, Fiery Ginger.  Next is a B-25D from the 3rd BG, Runts Roost.  For something different we have a B-25H from the 418th NFS that was used ’s in the night intruder role while waiting on their P-61’s.  Can’t do WWII without a Gooney bird.  Here is a C-47 used as a hack by the 90th BG complete with their skull and crossed bombs tail markings.  The Hawaiian Air Depot painted several B-17’s in a locally developed camouflage pattern.  Our next subject is one of these aircraft as it appeared in 1943.  Finally we have a famous B-17 that has been the subject of even a TV show.  The crew on one mission of this aircraft to this day has been the most decorated crew in the history of the USAF.

Sheetr 72-097, Rumble in the Jungle:  The first subject on this sheet is a P-40N used as a “Red Air” aggressor for training the 418th NFS crews in combating day fighters.  A P-39 flown by a reconnaissance unit follows.  Back in the day many aircraft were fitted with cameras and used as recce planes.    The Black Window on this sheet is once again from the 418th NFS.  The two B-25 subjects are from the CBI theatre.  The first one was used in China and the second from the famed “Burma Bridge Busters.”  From Australia is a short wing B-26.  Wrapping up this sheet is a B-24 also from the CBI theatre.

The sheets will cost $17.50 and should be on sale early next week.

World War II is a new subject area for Wolfpak Decals.  I would appreciate your feedback on what you like and don’t like about these sheets as well as any suggestions for future subjects.  Sht%2072-096%20Color%20Instructions.jpg

Sht%2072-097%20Color%20Instructions.jpg

Mark

Edited by Mark S.
missed link

Mark,

Here's a color picture of "George Peach".

IMG_20151129_0017_zpsdih6jak1.jpg

I have other 308th BG B-24's if your interested.

Have a nice collection for "80 Day's" for both D and J variants. More than whats just pictured below.

She got her name because it took them 80 days to get in to the theater because of mechanical problems on their way!

149_zpszcxdu3s3.jpg

164_zpsqlq8vunv.jpg

166_zpscgfra2sl.jpg

A minute 1:15 you can see the D model in action.

Mike

Edited by P-38 guy

Mark,

Good to see you take your format to WW II stuff.  That B-25H is interesting, from what I understand they removed the top turret and tail guns, so the only defensive armament left were the waist guns.

Regards,

Murph

Thanks for the kind words. 

Murph,  I was surprised by them retaining the waist guns and removing those in the tail.  Think their biggest threat was if they got caught in the daylight at the end of a mission.

Don, Is the profile a hint for a subject you would like to see in the future?

Mark

21 minutes ago, Mark S. said:

Don, Is the profile a hint for a subject you would like to see in the future?

Mark

"Daddy's Girl" is my current project. I have an old decal sheet for her right now and I am hoping that it holds together when I get to the decal stage. But we can never have enough Mustang markings...like George Preddy's P-51D "Cripes A' Mighty" that he was accidentally shot down and killed in during December 1944 (P-51D-15-NA 44-14906). Apparently they've been done but I can't track them down.

Anyways, great decals again! I will be grabbing a copy with the "Georgia Peach" Lib.

Cheers!

Hi Mark,

As 5th AF fan, and especially 49th FG aircraft in particular, I have ordered both of your new sheets and a few others too😀.  I am always looking for 1/72 49th aircraft, and P-47s from the 9th FS would be greatly appreciated. I am I did not see your site sooner as you have a lot of great stuff that is sold out.

regards,

Bill