I came across this photo on an Israeli aircraft site (...ok, it was the Israeli Defense Force Woman FB page ...sue me), at any rate, what jumped out at me was the tire wear on the F-15.

Is this normal wear? Are the tires made with tread on the outer edge only or have the inner treads been worn away? Seems unlikely because the surfaces are all even across the tire.
Kind of an unusual tread pattern.

913712_563941613636654_318951490_o_zpsfb

Sorry but even though it's Israeli it Looks to be an old picture, early C model. Pnl 79 L is printed on the servicing panel, panel numbers  disappeared in the mid 80's on all active F-15s I can be corrected but I am pretty sure,they followed suit as it was considered a security breach.  Definatly staged as the cart retainers are on the centerline pylon sway braces unless this is a three bag (tank) QT ICT (quick turn or Intergrated combat turnaround) but what is she looking at wth the flashlight Off and on the stand,that would not be allowed on the line? Does the missle on Station 3 have a dome cover? Why is the  left main for wheel well forward door,open?  She must be doing the JOAPS?

During the mid 80's we also used BF Goodrich tires that were,missing the tread on the inside of the tire, Goodear tires had the all around tread, outside tread would have been,for dry weather areas only, wet weather criteria had different requirements.

When,I was  in Ccrash Recovery at Lakenheath we had those BF Goodrch tires as well.

Sorry for rambling just a few things I noticed

Edited by Ol Crew Dog