I managed to avoid some of the site down time by staying in the hospital for about a week and a half fighting an infection. It's actually worse when you can't even visit the site and see Steve's daily attempts at keeping us informed. Got home about a week before Steve got us all back together.....

51 minutes ago, RCAFFAN said:

I managed to avoid some of the site down time by staying in the hospital for about a week and a half fighting an infection. It's actually worse when you can't even visit the site and see Steve's daily attempts at keeping us informed. Got home about a week before Steve got us all back together.....

Glad you're out of the hospital.  Hope all is well.

21 hours ago, crushkill said:

This may be a party foul, but I'm about to start a VERY long (and very expensive) project, but it's all vehicles (M-1114, 2 M-1151's and an M-ATV) and ARC's armor board is not exactly the life of the party, and suggestions for where to get some company and guidance?

Most armor sites don't have the community feel of ARC, as armor modelers are kinda a different type (not better or worse, just more introverted maybe?). I found the armor subforums at britmodeler to be the friendliest, and the most tolerant of heretical ideas on weathering and hewing (or not) to historical accuracy.

Edited by RKic
Clarity
32 minutes ago, RKic said:

Most armor sites don't have the community feel of ARC, as armor modelers are kinda a different type (not better or worse, just more introverted maybe?). I found the armor subforums at britmodeler to be the friendliest, and the most tolerant of heretical ideas on weathering and hewing (or not) to historical accuracy.

Awesome!  Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.  Who knows maybe this monster project will get some activity going here in the armor subs.

2 hours ago, RCAFFAN said:

I'm glad you're feeling better.

22 hours ago, crushkill said:

What kind of ducks? I just got my federal duck stamp yesterday, this will be my first season.

Blue and green teals. In Western Kansas near Jamestown they opened the season last weekend. It was my first go and never again will I make fun of duck hunters. I'm now shopping for decoys and a dedicated waterfowl gun...thinking Benelli SBE II.

15 minutes ago, fulcrum1 said:

Blue and green teals. In Western Kansas near Jamestown they opened the season last weekend. It was my first go and never again will I make fun of duck hunters. I'm now shopping for decoys and a dedicated waterfowl gun...thinking Benelli SBE II.

Nice.  We've got mostly wood ducks down here in SW Georgia, but the occasional mallard.  

57 minutes ago, crushkill said:

Nice.  We've got mostly wood ducks down here in SW Georgia, but the occasional mallard.  

All we have up here is Mallards and Canada Geese.

I've never tried duck hunting.......it looks expensive and challenging.

1 hour ago, SBARC said:

All we have up here is Mallards and Canada Geese.

I've never tried duck hunting.......it looks expensive and challenging.

This'all be my first season duck hunting, but I started big game and turkey hunting in 2010.  Expensive to get started but I plan on keeping my guns in the family for generations.  

Plus, for the last 13 months we haven't bought meat in a store.  Last year was so successful I managed to feed a family of 4.

Been playing around with my new 250 mm lens. Getting off the computer earlier in the evening and catch a few hours on the good ole idiotbox ;-)  

Good to see things are forming straight lines and everything is back online. Don`t have time to play around on other forums. This is where it`s at !

Bjørn in Norway  

Edited by breadneck
3 hours ago, breadneck said:

Been playing around with my new 250 mm lens. Getting off the computer earlier in the evening and catch a few hours on the good ole idiotbox ;-)  

Good to see things are forming straight lines and everything is back online. Don`t have time to play around on other forums. This is where it`s at !

Bjørn in Norway  

Thanks Bjørn

5 hours ago, crushkill said:

Plus, for the last 13 months we haven't bought meat in a store.  Last year was so successful I managed to feed a family of 4.

This is a very interesting to hear.  We have thousands of deer in our city and the number is growing.

18 hours ago, crushkill said:

This'all be my first season duck hunting, but I started big game and turkey hunting in 2010.  Expensive to get started but I plan on keeping my guns in the family for generations.  

I don't think I'll recoup the cost in duck gear until geese and upland bird season starts. I'm a fan of buying quality once and not having to worry about it again for years. I'm going to need more freezers though, lol!