When ARC was away, where did you go for your fix? The thread about Facebook got me thinking about it. I spent a lot of time on the Facebook modellers site and spent more time on Hyperscale.

So where were you?

Cheers

Paul

The same with me, I visited all the same places, with a check on ARC once a day, just to see the progress.

I did get a few more posts than normal put up on Hangar Deck Resource, but my site is so low traffic that it didn't matter all that much. I spent a little more time than usual with the reference books, but that was going to happen anyway because of the projects I am doing.

Don't take the above wrong, though, I did miss ARC during that time, that is why I checked every day.

I visited multiple modeling sites multiple times a day. I will tell you this! There is no place like ARC anywhere! At the other sites they were somewhat friendly, not as much as it is here. Here you can normally get an answer to a question within a half day or less. On the other sites I had to wait a few days to get a response. I also noticed that some of those other sites went hours upon hours with no new threads. So ARC is the best as far as I am concerned! Anyone wanting to say different better be ready to get popped in the mouth!!! Enough said

40 minutes ago, tosouthern66 said:

So ARC is the best as far as I am concerned! Anyone wanting to say different better be ready to get popped in the mouth!!! Enough said

+2! 

And we're a family....one big, happy, dysfunctional but still happy international family :) 

For years I checked ARC constantly, then I got older, moved out of mom and dad's, went to Iraq twice and Afghanistan once, got married had two kids and my son told me he wanted to build a model.  Decided to show him what they could look like, and ARC was down....so we went to YouTube and watched timelapse videos for a while.  He's fully hooked, and I have "fallen off the wagon" and sprung hundreds of dollars back into the most expensive hobby I can think of.  But, I'm back and ARC is back, so good times.

17 minutes ago, SBARC said:

I like that.  Nice story.  :cheers:

Steve I spent so much time on ARC in high school, that "aircraftresourcecenter.com" was the first thing I learned to type without looking at the keyboard.  I didn't realize how much I missed modelling (and ARC) until I came back to it.  Hopefully some of the master builders here can get me squared away, it's been so long.

Ha ha ha...This is so cool to ponder.

ARC has been around so long that someone discovered it in  high school and has returned as a Dad in his 30's(?).  We all have the same story line and leaving the hobby then returning....but for most of us there was no internet when we were in high school.

12 minutes ago, SBARC said:

Ha ha ha...This is so cool to ponder.

ARC has been around so long that someone discovered it in  high school and has returned as a Dad in his 30's(?).  We all have the same story line and leaving the hobby then returning....but for most of us there was no internet when we were in high school.

Started on ARC around 15-16, I'll be 31 soon.  

Thank God for the internet.  There are so many things I could never really grasp as a kid that make total sense now after watching YouTube (looking at you putty)

Nowhere. I am not a member on any other aircraft modeling site and I couldn't care less for FB so I really don't frequent anywhere else. I missed ARC but if I am honest I got more building time in the last few weeks while listening to the baseball playoffs. But this place is so darned addictive that I just can't help myself now that I know that its back up and running...:rolleyes:...LOL!

Cheers!

Just now, Don said:

Nowhere. I am not a member on any other aircraft modeling site and I couldn't care less for FB so I really don't frequent anywhere else. I missed ARC but if I am honest I got more building time in the last few weeks while listening to the baseball playoffs. But this place is so darned addictive that I just can't help myself now that I know that its back up and running...:rolleyes:...LOL!

Cheers!

ARC is addictive.  I'm on here mucking about every spare minute....it's quite relaxing for me.

I kinda re-focused on armor subjects.  Spent a lot of time on Armorama and Missing Lnyx.   Helped me make some progress on a long stalled BMP kit. Occasionally checked HS (they are as active as ARC but their horrible forum system drives me away) and LSP.  I wouldn't say that ARC is any better than than the other sites.  LSP probably has the most subject matter experts, but it's focused on the large scale niche.  What ARC does have (IMO) is a better community feel than the others.  

I'm hoping with the new ARC up and running we see some departed members (and maybe a banned member or two) make a return.

7 minutes ago, 11bee said:

I kinda re-focused on armor subjects.  Spent a lot of time on Armorama and Missing Lnyx.   Helped me make some progress on a long stalled BMP kit. Occasionally checked HS (they are as active as ARC but their horrible forum system drives me away) and LSP.  I wouldn't say that ARC is any better than than the other sites.  LSP probably has the most subject matter experts, but it's focused on the large scale niche.  What ARC does have (IMO) is a better community feel than the others.  

I'm hoping with the new ARC up and running we see some departed members (and maybe a banned member or two) make a return.

This may be a party foul, but I'm about to start a VERY long (and very expensive) project, but it's all vehicles (M-1114, 2 M-1151's and an M-ATV) and ARC's armor board is not exactly the life of the party, and suggestions for where to get some company and guidance?

Just now, crushkill said:

This may be a party foul, but I'm about to start a VERY long (and very expensive) project, but it's all vehicles (M-1114, 2 M-1151's and an M-ATV) and ARC's armor board is not exactly the life of the party, and suggestions for where to get some company and guidance?

Don't think it's a party foul at all.  ARC is pretty tolerant of heretics like you.  

Personally, Armorama is my go-to place for armor modeling. Lot of good resources, especially for modern US subjects.   Missing Lynx has some good content but is hit or miss. Good luck on your project, post some pics when you get into it. 

1 minute ago, 11bee said:

Don't think it's a party foul at all.  ARC is pretty tolerant of heretics like you.  

Personally, Armorama is my go-to place for armor modeling. Lot of good resources, especially for modern US subjects.   Missing Lynx has some good content but is hit or miss. Good luck on your project, post some pics when you get into it. 

I went to Armorama, but their forum layout is so clustered it just drove me nuts.  As far as reference material I have more than I could ever need, I'm building the trucks I deployed with.

My 1114 that I got blown up in my first mission (all survived thankfully, but all have scars to show for it) I'm going to build it in its final state - with all the damage on it.

My 1151 that replaced it, and the 1151 I used on my second deployment, and finally my M-ATV from AFG.  

I've saved all my patches and little things to remember my deployments (bloody top, shrapnel, AK bayonet) with  the intention of doing a shadow box.  Decided after my kid sucked me back into the hobby I would do 3 shadow boxes, one for each deployment, and include a model of my vehicles from each one. 

I suppose I could get most of the help I need from here, building is the same regardless of kit.  Really I was looking for a place to get things like 6 extra humvee windshields without buying 3 more kits...stuff like that.

haha, Start, that reminds me of "speed costs money, how much you got?"

Racing is a lot like the farmer that won the lottery, the news asked him what he was going to do with his 2 million,,,,,,,,,"Oh, I'll probably just keep on farming until it's all gone"

1 hour ago, Rex said:

Racing is a lot like the farmer that won the lottery, the news asked him what he was going to do with his 2 million,,,,,,,,,"Oh, I'll probably just keep on farming until it's all gone"

Funny!!!  :rofl: