What's next for Great Wall?

7 hours ago, 11bee said:

Is it not possible to build an E from the I kit?   

Yes/no....the wso left cockpit wall is wrong. Also there is a weird bump where the small canopy acuator is.  

• 2 months later...
On 15/10/2016 at 0:36 AM, White Wolf said:

Yes but Academy is working on something too: http://mmzone.co.kr/mms_tool/mt_view.php?mms_db_name=mmz_media&mms_cat=[기획]&no=1234

Edited by Laurent
13 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

I realize GWH makes beautiful kits, but I remember building the Revell F-15E, and it really didn't need any aftermarket. It was that good. I'm asking honestly. Is there a reason one would build a GWH kit over the Revell kit?

+1

Marc B.

18 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

I realize GWH makes beautiful kits, but I remember building the Revell F-15E, and it really didn't need any aftermarket. It was that good. I'm asking honestly. Is there a reason one would build a GWH kit over the Revell kit?

Cause it's newer and twice as expensive?  Therefore it just has to be better, no?

So, first of all, I do not have a revell one so keep that in mind.

However, I have 3 great wall models (mig-29 9.13 and two F-15 releases J and B/C). I have been building models for 20 years. I am saying this not because I am a good modeler on contrary I am mediocre but I have seen many different plastic, almost all the major companies out there including revell models. These three kits plus the kinetic Su-33 are models from a new age. Their details are beyond belief. Some parts are not different from resin aftermarket pieces, they are very sharp/crisp. Single piece missiles are so much fun to "build" :). I like painting with my airbrush more anyway. Some parts do not require glue, they click to their "sockets", fit is that good.

If you already have revel one and you like it keep it but if you are going to buy a new one and did not have anything from great wall or kinetic su-33l, buy this for the experience :D At least, if you can check the plastic yourself from a friend or at a hobby shop.    

You know, camry is good and all but s-class is s-class. 

I wouldn't consider a 48th F-15E a truly new or exciting undertaking by GWH (as they have the I). The moment I saw the first images of their MiG-29, I thought Su-27 or Su-30s would sure be their next big splash. Didn't happen and now it might be too late with HB putting out a seemingly ok flanker. F-15 was good (still eyeing a D), but I have been underwhelmed by the T-33. I guess given the number of operators and the lack of a proper kit, T-33 made financial sense to them. I just need a Su-27UB or Su-30MMK, thank you. 

12 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

For them: Because Revell's F-15E doesn't generate a single penny for GWH.

For us: Because Revell didn't upgrade their parts to include latter planes. It's a very nice kit for a Gulf War model and little else... 

1 minute ago, caiotfjr said:

For them: Because Revell's F-15E doesn't generate a single penny for GWH.

For us: Because Revell didn't upgrade their parts to include latter planes. It's a very nice kit for a Gulf War model and little else... 

That's good to know. I'm more of a Navy guy, and an F-15E looks like an F-15E. I'm surprised no one has done an update set. What exactly is needed to bring the Revell kit up to what's flying today? 

9 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

That's good to know. I'm more of a Navy guy, and an F-15E looks like an F-15E. I'm surprised no one has done an update set. What exactly is needed to bring the Revell kit up to what's flying today? 

Wolfpack has a very nice OEF/OIF update set (WP 48005). One has to source new decals after the demise of Afterburner (AD 48-031). And there's always the question of weapons, although Kinetic has a very nice F-16 packed together with its US weapons set (or the other way around). 

Academy's kit overcomes all these multiple sourcing, with the incovenience of noticeable shape problems...