CRM Hobbies in St. Louis is still in Business

Correction:

I got this note from Chris at CRM Hobbies:

This is Chris from CRM Hobbies, your site has me closed and that is not correct. The new shop is at 4972 Eichelberger St, cattycorner across the intersection from the old shop. The web site is up and running, plus FaceBook, and eBay. The web site is www.crmhobbies.com Please update your web site. Cheers, Chris
 --------------------------------------------------------------

Went by CRM Hobbies in St Louis, MO today only to discover that it is OOB!  I then searched the web and found his Facebook page, only to discover he sold out to eBay / mailorder vendor lotsofmodels in late Aug, 2016.  CRMHobbies still has an eBay store, but only limited stock for now, though he promises to list more in the future.

Which means that prices for used kits will only go up! :crying:

Edited by SBARC
clarify business type and source of info.

That is a shame.  I loved going into there while I was stationed at Scott.  Chris was a great dude, and was a great place to just go and hang out.  He must have gotten tired as there was always people in there when I went to the shop.

• 1 month later...

Does any one know if Chris will still be doing the circuit of model shows and contests?  Most if not all the contest that I go to from my area are over an hours drive away.  In the past if the guys that are local to me found out that Chris wasn't going to be at a certain contest or show, they wouldn't even bother going.  One of the things that I do hope that Chris is still doing, and that is ordering Eduard stuff.  I made orders of that stuff several times through Chris and if he didn't have what I wanted in stock, he could get it to me inside of a week.  I think the world of Chris.

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

• 2 weeks later...

AFAIK Not at this time Chris had a Vehicle fire (lost his vehicle but not the inventory) on the way to the Nats this year which led him to rethink his business model and for the time being You get what you see now.

• 4 weeks later...

he specifically told some of us that we would not be seeing him at the shows anymore

It's a shame, that was one of the cool places to hang out, sort through his rack of product drawers and have convos with other people doing the same.

• 1 year later...

Hi, Chris here from CRM Hobbies. My demise has been greatly exaggerated. The shop is still open but in a much smaller state, we still carry some supplies, magazines, and new kits. We are also a Grex dealer with airbrushes and parts, and carry a full line of the Apoxie items from AVES. My web site is up and has links to other site connected, so check it out crmhobbies.com Cheers, Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...