Hobbyboss su-34 sprue shot

Could somebody explain them that " левый " (on drop tank) means "left" and makes no sense on the right hand drop tank... It's wrong in all Trumpyboss kits..

And yes, I'd be more than happy, if this would be the only mistake :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Justicebringer said:

With an SRP north of $150 USD they can keep it. Ill wait for the Kittyhawk kit. That pains me to say.

even at a "lesser" 100 USD i'll wait to see what Kittyhawk will have to offer (and for how much also) before spending any money... a 1/48 Su-34 is a "Must Have" for me. but still must think before... will any of those will satisfy me accuracy-wise?:pray:

1 hour ago, B.Sin said:

For that kind of money, it better be dead on balls accurate!!!  But it's Hobby Boo Boo boss, so I doubt it.

Brad

Im not sure what HB is thinking with that price point. The nose appears to be way off but I guess they feel since they loaded the kit up with ordnance it should command twice what their Su-27 does. To me it seems like a money grab due to how popular the subject is going to be

1 hour ago, Petarvu said:

Open the box and photograph the nose ! :-)

Here you go! Looks like it is a little too rounded near the tip. Shouldn't be a problem to sand it slightly and reprofile it. panel lines on the nose cone need to go though.

30039293110_cb75d3b58f_b.jpg

And if you're thinking of getting multiple copies, it takes up quite a bit of real estate.

29704831813_43ae7cd9d7_b.jpg

Mark

Thanks a lot for the photo!!!! If you could send the sideways photo it would be great. I am afraid nose is squished, from photos. If it is only too blunt it can be taken care of,panellines too...

edit: I cant find anybody else online who got the kit already, please you HAVE to shed some more light on the nose :-)))))))

And that box needs construction  permit!

Cheers

P

Edited by Petarvu
4 hours ago, gb_madcat_sl said:

Here you go! Looks like it is a little too rounded near the tip. Shouldn't be a problem to sand it slightly and reprofile it. panel lines on the nose cone need to go though.

30039293110_cb75d3b58f_b.jpg

Mark

Not so nice, not so fine......

2 hours ago, Andrea Bolla said:

Hi Mark, if it does not bother you, can you check how much do they cost the Flanker B and the Kamov at your LHS?

Not sure about the Kamov (Ka-29 Helix I presume), but the Su-27 and MiG-31 go for US$40 each. 

Mark

20 hours ago, gb_madcat_sl said:

It looks as though they used this drawing for the panel lines: http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw/su34-2.html
The panel lines on the nosecone don't appear on any other drawings I've seen or any photos of the real thing, including prototypes.

If so, the panel lines on the entire forward fuselage are fictitious, which the pic seems to show.

The drawing, while inaccurate, has a 'decent' representation of the nosecone, but they seem to have missed it  :doh:.

The drawing also had a 'decent' representation of the canopy (in top view), but previous pics of the kit were way off. Did they fix it?

The cross sections in the drawing don't even match the 3-view. If they did follow the 3-view then the canard, wing and stab angles are all goofed and v-stabs are too tall.

I'm holding off on purchasing as I'm sure something more accurate will be coming in the future. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

3 hours ago, Zactoman said:

It looks as though they used this drawing for the panel lines: http://www.airwar.ru/other/draw/su34-2.html
The panel lines on the nosecone don't appear on any other drawings I've seen or any photos of the real thing, including prototypes.

If so, the panel lines on the entire forward fuselage are fictitious, which the pic seems to show.

The drawing, while inaccurate, has a 'decent' representation of the nosecone, but they seem to have missed it  :doh:.

The drawing also had a 'decent' representation of the canopy (in top view), but previous pics of the kit were way off. Did they fix it?

The cross sections in the drawing don't even match the 3-view. If they did follow the 3-view then the canard, wing and stab angles are all goofed and v-stabs are too tall.

I'm holding off on purchasing as I'm sure something more accurate will be coming in the future. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

So they screwed the pooch. That doesn't surprise me. So Chris, with the exception of Kitty Hawk, do you know something that we don't concerning a new Su-34 kit?  :thumbsup:

Edited by B.Sin
2 hours ago, Andrea Bolla said:

Dildo shaped nose apart, other major issues with this kit?

Yes. The area behind the cockpit does not have the right blended shape from the spine to fuselage.

I'm sure their is more. 

Edited by B.Sin