Hello all, this will be my entry to the GB. initially i was thinking of doing a 1/72 HB Bombcat but lately this A-37b came as a commission build, i thought it'd be a subject better suited for this GB

Began the kit yesterday:

dOjxErZl.jpg

After a day this is where i am at, fuselage is closed and mated with the wings:

JkDxPAHl.jpg

i1Qe1Qvl.jpg

Fit wise OK, there are issues in the usual places like the inlets but nothing extraordinary so far.

Cockpit will receive seatbelts, IP and it's coaming, than an oil wash to pop the details a bit more.

Aircraft will be South VNam AirForce in the usual SEA camo, after a brief search the loadout is probably going to be:

2x underwing tanks

2x mk82 slicks

1x gunpod

1x rocket pod.

7 hours ago, RKic said:

You're just flying right through this. I would love to see a cockpit shot. 

Interesting setup of slings and rubberbands you have to set the wings. Is that something home made?

RKic thank you very much.

Those green contraptions belong to this set of Trumpy's http://www.militarymodelling.com/news/article/set-of-modelling-clamps/19437 They are really great help when it comes to wing dihedral and where i need to exert equal or unequal amounts of force to the joints without the rubberbands touching the fresh glued surfaces making a mess. They not limited to these tasks of course, but one's own creativity. :)

As for the cockpit, i will take detailed shots of the cockpit prior to installing the windshield.

camo and decals are on, awaiting the final gloss coat to seal the decals in. to anybody who'll build this, beware of the decals. yes they are thin however they do not want to leave the paper, and when they do they become wrinkled right away as if softener is applied, so watch out, especially with the large ones!

demarcations do look odd i know, however neither of my airbrush' were cooperative for freehand so i had to fall back to rolls of tac, which i never like to use as is the case, alas if i'd rather not wait for the weather to improve than to have this babe sit on the shelf. hopefully it could be salvaged a bit during weathering, we'll see.

30137310370_68695eaf82_c.jpg

30317807092_0fda0acfb5_c.jpg

30348131701_0d949b3c85_c.jpg

8 hours ago, RKic said:

Nice paintwork. 

Nose looks a little long. Is this just an illusion from the photo angle and antiglare panel curve?

RKic thank you. I can't say if the model is off or if it's the camera lens is distorting since i am not really accustomed to the airframe, but i hope it's the latter.

Here's some more progress. WX is mostly done via posthading and oils so far. matt coat gave me hell again, it's one of my modelling banes so no surprises there. Anyway, i'll take care of little bit more things than go for landing gears and munitions.

30345665482_79d15c4ee2_c.jpg

30345651942_e94b5f3752_c.jpg

29829935093_63cab2435e_c.jpg

tamiya and gunze both diluted with tamiya lacq. thinner.

i ended up wet sanding with a 3M superfine sponge than go for vallejo matt instead. i never like the finish of matt coats, what i expect is to have a NON frosted appearance yet still smooth finish. every matt coat that i have used so far is looking artificial to me:

this build will be an exception tho, i am happy with the look so far and here's what i did: 1 drop of vallejo matt + 1 drop of va flow improver + 20drops of water + pressure set to lowest possible for the ab to work with the lightest touch on the trigger and shot from galaxy far, far away. of course it took lots of passes hence the extremely diluted coat and the distance. proper lighting is a must in this case of course, to see if one is actually airbrushing anything or not. :D
one thing to mention is the weather: currently cold yet humidity around 70% - yes i live next door to a sea!

Your build turned out great. 

Regarding flat coats, I found Model Master Acrylic flat to be my favorite. I mix it with a little isopropyl, and sometimes add one or two drops of future. I never have problems with frosting. And it isn't a dead-flat, which I like. There is a little bit of scale appropriate sheen. Just a touch. If I want it to be flatter, I just add more isopropyl. I typically dislike MM Acrylic products, but this is very good.

Rkic thank you very much.
Regarding MM flat unfortunately we don't have an importer for the MM. But i will try your suggestion of adding a tiny bit of future (we have an equivalent called Pronto here) into vallejo's flat coat and see how that behaves on my next build, who knows i might hit the jackpot. :D