Uploading photos is permitted?

1 minute ago, MacStingy said:

Hi Steve

Looks like most of my pics have to be resized to post. Posting on Facebook doesn't require that.

cheers

Paul

Hi Paul.....I'm pretty sure this program does resize automatically.

I was just wondering if maybe that was why the uploading for Shawn was slower.....I'm just taking a stab in the dark on a possible suggestion for his slow uploading issue.  Although it could be his older computer etc.

The original file I have of that photo was 828Kb.  It wouldn't take it, or resize it automatically.  As the box below says - Max size 0.1Mb.

I resized it in Photoshop to 96Kb - didn't mess with the dimensions.  I dragged it from my desktop to the box below with the paper clip and it displayed as shown above.

Hitch

4 hours ago, SinisterVampire319 said:

I posted a pic the other day and was surprised I didn't have to go to Photobucket or Flickr.
It was fast and simple for me. So a lot of you grumpy Ol' coots shouldn't have a problem!  :whistle:

Most of us feel like that sometimes.  :rofl:

The box below with the attachments is if you do not have a picture hosting site, such as Flickr or Photobucket, or whatever else there is. The file size is restricted, and the image will be hosted on the ARC Forums's server, hence the size limitation. On most of my build threads, I've resized the images to 800x600, and the file size is between 75 and 110kB. (yupp... 110kB is too large for the forum server). As I edit my images anyway, I just have to make sure that the file size is not too large. But this restricts me to one image per post.

To post multiple or larger pictures into the post (i.e. off my own webspace), I simply use the "BB code" Image-Tag as it appeared on the old forum, and it works. Imgur.com for example, provides me with an option of different link formats to post on forums, and the BB code format works here on ARC. The filesize with this method (which I have been using for the last 13 years) is not limited, as the image is on a different server and does not cause any traffic on the ARC Forum's server. The only disadvantage of the new forum's WYSIWYG editor is, that you can't see the BB code anymore after you've previewed the post.

Oh, the preview is still available: Just click on the most right icon in the tool bar with the magnifying glass. I just thought I would mention this, as some users are stil missing (or haven't found yet) the preview option.

Edited by Lancer512
Finally understood what the "attachment" box is for.