F-15C 1:48 G.W.H. 53rd FS/ 52nd FW

The part after the reworking process. The seam line was puttied, sanded and primed three times after nothing from the seem was visible.

Later, the gun area will be rejoined and blended in perfectly with the fuselage.

pn3uh5BEj

pouxXWgVj

Edited by falcon91352

The canopy panel also underwent som major modification. Eduard set 49-274 for the Hasegawa F-15C played a major role with its perforated plates. To my opinion, an essential detail which Eduard missed to produce for the GWH Eagle and even the 1:32 Tamiya one. However, a lot of plastic on the GWH part had to be removed to make the Eduard parts fit. Some smaller things were added too.

poZethvTj

pmQOmk0Bj

pmjq6EFHj

Edited by falcon91352
  • 3 weeks later...

thats why i left using photobucked some 10 years ago when they started to "copy" the functionalities/features of shutterstock...

PS: bud, pls take your free time to re-upload these pics on another server cause they are worth the effort. ;)

Edited by my favs are F`s

What a mess! I have changed to Imageshack and will subsequently reload the pictures over the next days/ weeks.

Of course, new photos are coming too, the progress is slow, but smoothly going on.

On 7/3/2017 at 10:13 PM, falcon91352 said:

What a mess! I have changed to Imageshack and will subsequently reload the pictures over the next days/ weeks.

Of course, new photos are coming too, the progress is slow, but smoothly going on.

Thanks so much for doing this. So very much appreciated.

I just ordered the GWH F-15I which should have some of the same parts as your kit. I am sure I can use your build log when I finally start mine.

• 4 months later...
On 10.6.2017 at 10:07 PM, falcon91352 said:

After a while I am lucky that I got a few minutes time to post the next load of pictures. The photobucket desaster hurt me a bit, but I subsequently will restore the thread later. Shown here isthe instrument panel with finished IP cover and HUD.

pmWixApxj

Edited by falcon91352
On 10.6.2017 at 10:07 PM, falcon91352 said:

Close up views of the finished  IP cover. I have used Hataka HTK-A100 Jet Black. After a wash with black oil paints (Ammo of MIG Oilbrusher) the piece is covered with a light coat of "Ammo of MiG" Satin Varnish A.MIG-090 (BTW, nice stuff!!!). The staining is done with grey and brown acrylic colours from Hataka and Xtracrylix heavily diluted with Lifecolor Thinner and Revell Aqua Airbrush Cleaner. The mixture is carefully applied with a pointy no. 0 or 1 brush (Windsor & Newton Series 7 and Rafael series 8400 and 8404 are the best!). The brush should accomodate not to much diluted paint, it should be almost dry. The edges of the devices and boxes are outlined with a neutral grey "wet washing", which is the opposite of dry brushing method. "Wet washing" is in my opinion more effective and provides higher contrast. For this method, I use acrylic colours and thinning those with AK Acrylic drying retarder AK737. This mixture has resemblant properties like oil colors.

poZkHwyoj

powOcfY9j

Edited by falcon91352

Thank you guys for these very encouraging comments! Here two more shots of the upper side preshading, which is limited to those areas which will be painted in the lighter grey shade. The darker the  color shade, the more is the effect of preshading decreasing, thus doing here some past shading treatments , which is way more effective there. I thought about utilizing the black basing technique on this model, but I have aborted this plan, because I achieved very nice results on my recent Alpha Jet after conducting some past shading techniques which will be decribed later on.

pmNdOoN1j

pokZeAyvj

Edited by falcon91352

Looking great. Now 2 questions for you since I'm late to the party.

What photoetch set did you use? 

You're doing a Mod-Eagle scheme correct?

I wish GWH would do another run of their F-15C kits, I can readily find the Delta kit in the states, but looks like I would have to go to EBay for the Charlie.

Geez

I'm just blown away with the level of detail and the bringing of the air brush work. Being a newbie on the build, looking forward to when the older build photos are replaced with those from Image Shack.

Keep 'em coming :thumbsup:

Peter