Danny Coremans said not too long ago that they will be releasing an updated version of the Tomcat book at Scale Model World in the UK in November, it should also be available internationally so hopefully you can get one soon! I have the original and it's a fantastic resource for the later Tomcats.

36 minutes ago, Parabat said:

Danny Coremans said not too long ago that they will be releasing an updated version of the Tomcat book at Scale Model World in the UK in November, it should also be available internationally so hopefully you can get one soon! I have the original and it's a fantastic resource for the later Tomcats.

SWEET!

4 hours ago, Air one said:

Can't see your point...

I offer this to help a fellow modeler, I am NOT selling/ openly producing it/ using publicly it...

It makes no difference whether you're selling it or not.  The act of creating the PDF in the first place is technically illegal, then distributing it further is highly illegal, whether profit or not.

2 hours ago, jmel said:

It makes no difference whether you're selling it or not.  The act of creating the PDF in the first place is technically illegal, then distributing it further is highly illegal, whether profit or not.

There are some stipulations that allow you to reproduce parts of a book for personal backup and/or educational uses (can't be the whole book).  I'm not sure of the details, but if he keeps the PDF for himself without intent to distribute, this could be ok (again, don't remember the details). 

Regardless, distributing through the forum is not ok and I am going to pass.  Air one, I do appreciate your generosity, but be careful.  Even if no legal trouble comes, many forums will outright ban members for such statements.

4 hours ago, jmel said:

1 hour ago, ESzczesniak said:

There are some stipulations that allow you to reproduce parts of a book for personal backup and/or educational uses (can't be the whole book).  I'm not sure of the details, but if he keeps the PDF for himself without intent to distribute, this could be ok (again, don't remember the details). 

Regardless, distributing through the forum is not ok and I am going to pass.  Air one, I do appreciate your generosity, but be careful.  Even if no legal trouble comes, many forums will outright ban members for such statements.

Guys,

Before commenting this matter to great length, as you seem to have spare time to waste , you'd better read what I wrote: I deleted the offer I made, and wrote : " BUT OK... GOT THE MESSAGE SO FORGET MY POST"

So just FORGET IT...

Thanks

Hi guys

As mentioned, a reprint of the "Uncovering the F-14 A/B/D Tomcat" book will be available in a few weeks. 

Not so much a complete revised version, but all (known) errors in the captions and drawings have been corrected and all pictures have gone through Photoshop to bring up more details.

Only the F-14A cockpit section has been completely revised, adding 4 extra pages to this section, and the 'general pictures' pages have been deleted.

The files have been sent to the printer last week and I will have these books already in my hands in two weeks, just in time for the IPMS UK show in Telford.

Orders are now taken through my website www.dacoproducts.com

Danny Coremans

DACO Products

PS: notice for Air One: I really hope you will consider to have a copy of the new book on your desk too, only then your (downloaded) pdf will be forgiven ...

Edited by DACO Products

The website is built in frames and I don't think I can give a direct link (it all shows up as www.dacoproducts.com).  But look for the "Daco Books" icon along the top, then scroll down about 3 books in the left hand frame to the F-14 book.

They aren't really walk around books (nothing comes even close to the DACO book!), but since the Tamiya kit arrived I have been consulting some older books on the F-14: Detail & Scale, Squadron Walkaround, Squadron In Action (original and newer edition), and Aerofax Minigraph. These books were published long ago, for the most part, and so are very good references on early A-models. 

Yeah, I'm gonna need the second edition of the DACO book...

Edited by andrew.deboer
On 25/10/2016 at 7:09 PM, DACO Products said:

Hi guys

As mentioned, a reprint of the "Uncovering the F-14 A/B/D Tomcat" book will be available in a few weeks. 

Not so much a complete revised version, but all (known) errors in the captions and drawings have been corrected and all pictures have gone through Photoshop to bring up more details.

Only the F-14A cockpit section has been completely revised, adding 4 extra pages to this section, and the 'general pictures' pages have been deleted.

The files have been sent to the printer last week and I will have these books already in my hands in two weeks, just in time for the IPMS UK show in Telford.

Orders are now taken through my website www.dacoproducts.com

Danny Coremans

DACO Products

PS: notice for Air One: I really hope you will consider to have a copy of the new book on your desk too, only then your (downloaded) pdf will be forgiven ...

Dany,

I think that you should provide a downloadable PDF version of your book for each paper copy bought straight from you...

As we are in the 21st century, we all model with laptop, iPad, when it come to detail: we can zoom, have better resolution and back light than a book...

Color&Marking pave the way for that....and their book are more than useful!, like yours....

Regards,

20 hours ago, Air one said:

Dany,

I think that you should provide a downloadable PDF version of your book for each paper copy bought straight from you...

As we are in the 21st century, we all model with laptop, iPad, when it come to detail: we can zoom, have better resolution and back light than a book...

Color&Marking pave the way for that....and their book are more than useful!, like yours....

Regards,

+1