Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

F-14 Walkaround Book

Recommended Posts

I never got Daco's "Uncovering the F-14A/B/D Tomcat" and it seems impossible to find now.  Is there any other good walkaround book in similar vein?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Danny Coremans said not too long ago that they will be releasing an updated version of the Tomcat book at Scale Model World in the UK in November, it should also be available internationally so hopefully you can get one soon! I have the original and it's a fantastic resource for the later Tomcats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Parabat said:

Danny Coremans said not too long ago that they will be releasing an updated version of the Tomcat book at Scale Model World in the UK in November, it should also be available internationally so hopefully you can get one soon! I have the original and it's a fantastic resource for the later Tomcats.

 

SWEET!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's what I've been using on my F-14B conversion, plus this website was very helpful as well, www.primeportal.net

 

Steve

 

IMG_3228_zpsfbd7004a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Squadron WalkAround is loaded with pics.   Their 'Tomcat' book is more focused on ops and development but can be found cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Air one said:

 

Pm me your email and I will send to you this book in PDF through Wetransfer....

 

Ahem...

Copyright Law

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Air One, but I'd prefer the actual book.

 

Thanks for the ebay heads up Brian

 

Brad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, habu2 said:

 

Ahem...

Copyright Law

 Can't see your point...

I offer this to help a fellow modeler, I am NOT selling/ openly producing it/ using publicly it...

But ok... got the message so forget my post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Air one said:

 Can't see your point...

I offer this to help a fellow modeler, I am NOT selling/ openly producing it/ using publicly it...

 

It makes no difference whether you're selling it or not.  The act of creating the PDF in the first place is technically illegal, then distributing it further is highly illegal, whether profit or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jmel said:

It makes no difference whether you're selling it or not.  The act of creating the PDF in the first place is technically illegal, then distributing it further is highly illegal, whether profit or not.

 

There are some stipulations that allow you to reproduce parts of a book for personal backup and/or educational uses (can't be the whole book).  I'm not sure of the details, but if he keeps the PDF for himself without intent to distribute, this could be ok (again, don't remember the details). 

 

Regardless, distributing through the forum is not ok and I am going to pass.  Air one, I do appreciate your generosity, but be careful.  Even if no legal trouble comes, many forums will outright ban members for such statements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jmel said:

It makes no difference whether you're selling it or not.  The act of creating the PDF in the first place is technically illegal, then distributing it further is highly illegal, whether profit or not.

 

1 hour ago, ESzczesniak said:

 

There are some stipulations that allow you to reproduce parts of a book for personal backup and/or educational uses (can't be the whole book).  I'm not sure of the details, but if he keeps the PDF for himself without intent to distribute, this could be ok (again, don't remember the details). 

 

Regardless, distributing through the forum is not ok and I am going to pass.  Air one, I do appreciate your generosity, but be careful.  Even if no legal trouble comes, many forums will outright ban members for such statements.

 

Guys,

Before commenting this matter to great length, as you seem to have spare time to waste , you'd better read what I wrote: I deleted the offer I made, and wrote : " BUT OK... GOT THE MESSAGE SO FORGET MY POST"

 

So just FORGET IT...

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys

 

As mentioned, a reprint of the "Uncovering the F-14 A/B/D Tomcat" book will be available in a few weeks. 

 

Not so much a complete revised version, but all (known) errors in the captions and drawings have been corrected and all pictures have gone through Photoshop to bring up more details.

Only the F-14A cockpit section has been completely revised, adding 4 extra pages to this section, and the 'general pictures' pages have been deleted.

 

The files have been sent to the printer last week and I will have these books already in my hands in two weeks, just in time for the IPMS UK show in Telford.

Orders are now taken through my website www.dacoproducts.com

 

Danny Coremans

DACO Products

 

 

PS: notice for Air One: I really hope you will consider to have a copy of the new book on your desk too, only then your (downloaded) pdf will be forgiven ...

Edited by DACO Products

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't find it either... Can someone post a direct link?

 

NM, found it.  Go to "Daco Books" in top frame, then in left most frame, find F-14 book.

Edited by jhanna1701

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The website is built in frames and I don't think I can give a direct link (it all shows up as www.dacoproducts.com).  But look for the "Daco Books" icon along the top, then scroll down about 3 books in the left hand frame to the F-14 book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They aren't really walk around books (nothing comes even close to the DACO book!), but since the Tamiya kit arrived I have been consulting some older books on the F-14: Detail & Scale, Squadron Walkaround, Squadron In Action (original and newer edition), and Aerofax Minigraph. These books were published long ago, for the most part, and so are very good references on early A-models. 

 

Yeah, I'm gonna need the second edition of the DACO book...

Edited by andrew.deboer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/10/2016 at 7:09 PM, DACO Products said:

Hi guys

 

As mentioned, a reprint of the "Uncovering the F-14 A/B/D Tomcat" book will be available in a few weeks. 

 

Not so much a complete revised version, but all (known) errors in the captions and drawings have been corrected and all pictures have gone through Photoshop to bring up more details.

Only the F-14A cockpit section has been completely revised, adding 4 extra pages to this section, and the 'general pictures' pages have been deleted.

 

The files have been sent to the printer last week and I will have these books already in my hands in two weeks, just in time for the IPMS UK show in Telford.

Orders are now taken through my website www.dacoproducts.com

 

Danny Coremans

DACO Products

 

 

PS: notice for Air One: I really hope you will consider to have a copy of the new book on your desk too, only then your (downloaded) pdf will be forgiven ...

Dany,

I think that you should provide a downloadable PDF version of your book for each paper copy bought straight from you...

As we are in the 21st century, we all model with laptop, iPad, when it come to detail: we can zoom, have better resolution and back light than a book...

Color&Marking pave the way for that....and their book are more than useful!, like yours....

Regards,

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, II guess I'll have a 1st-edition F-14 book available in the not too distant future...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool!  I may have to pic the reprinted version too (being that there are some pages added).  I have the first one and it's truly a MUST if you're an F-14 fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Air one said:

Dany,

I think that you should provide a downloadable PDF version of your book for each paper copy bought straight from you...

As we are in the 21st century, we all model with laptop, iPad, when it come to detail: we can zoom, have better resolution and back light than a book...

Color&Marking pave the way for that....and their book are more than useful!, like yours....

Regards,

 

 

 

 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...