A wish & want that needs more power ---

Years ago I made a wish and also great sport of my desire to attain one each, 1/32 F-106 in an injection-molded kit.

That dream has not been realized and I blame the modeling gods for it. :-\

Given that there have been some very significant kits produced in 1/32 of late and the last few years, I'm still wondering what the problem is. Is it something I said? The way I look when I'm just thinking? Who'd I so deeply aggravate that I cannot hope to see a gorgeous hunk of plastic in a big box that says "F-106" on it?

Over the years, I was thrilled to see the 1/48 C-130 (long ago now but I was in college and had to save up to buy it...but it was so cool!)
The 1/48 Concorde by HpH
ZM's 1/32 Flying Wing...

Trumpeter hit the ground running almost 20 years ago now with the 1/32 A-10....Wasn't perfect but was buildable and fixable to produce a very nice (and large) display....

Tamiya's 1/32 F-16 almost re-defined the scale. Their 1/32 F-15C and E kits were (and are) incredible.

Seems with Trumpy's foray into a 1/48 U-Boat....a 1/32 F-106 might be something to address by now. I mean come on....I'm waiting. I have the Combat Models kit but have held off even touching it....but I suppose if I REALLY want an injection-molded 'six, I have to get better than halfway through the vac kit first, right?

I mean...we have almost half the Hundred-Series in this scale.... F-100, F-104, F-105; A 106 would be awesome and while I'm at it, a 101 for the people from Canadia. A Deuce would fill out the canvas nicely.

I realize that people may not have the display space for 1/32 ...but to that I say, "Get a bigger house or buy a Graceland Shed or something". My dad used to say, "If you can find room for the box, you can find room to display the kit." Well....no he never actually said that but he should have.

So c'mon Trumpeter or SOMEbody.....a one thirty-tooth F-106....how hard can it be?

Who's with me?

Edited by VADM Fangschleister

Never say never. 1/32 has had quite a resurgence the last few years. A Six, Deuce, or One-O-Wonder would probably do quite well. I'd welcome any and/or all of them myself. Who knows?

Cheers!