If I wanted to add AM seats to the 1/48 Tamiya F-14A, Which Ones?

1 hour ago, Darren Roberts said:

If you can find Verlinden seats, those are great, as Adamitri said. Believe it or not, the True Details seats aren't bad either. I'm using those. In fact, I just painted them and will be putting them in shortly.

Aren't the TD seats undersized? Or am I thinking of another outfit's seats. Whichever one was associated with Squadron.

The Verlinden seats would be 1st choice, followed by Aires/Quickboost  (Aires has PE belts, Quickboost is all resin). The Verlinden seats get the padding right, from what I've seen most other manufacturers only do the 'issue' padding 'ribs' which most service jet pics never seem to show.

On 17/10/2016 at 4:53 AM, RKic said:

Aren't the TD seats undersized? Or am I thinking of another outfit's seats. Whichever one was associated with Squadron.

Hmmm, TD seats are usually a decent scale-out; IIRC there are some issues with (lack of) height on their F-100 seats in this scale but otherwise...it would be interesting to know if there is a definite scale discrepancy here.

In passing, Verlinden castings are well executed and detailed but their 1/72 GRUs are massively oversize -wonder if the same applies to the 1/48 item?

As I have a set of Aires seats all painted up for my stalled HB Tomcat project I will reuse those for my Tamiya Tomcat instead.

The seats lack those in extra cushions that Parabat mentions above so I made these with some A+B putty, for that true 'in service' look. :)

P1010003.jpg

P1010006.jpg

Now I just hope they fit the Tamiya tub without problems! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, ChippyWho said:

Hmmm, TD seats are usually a decent scale-out; IIRC there are some issues with (lack of) height on their F-100 seats in this scale but otherwise...it would be interesting to know if there is a definite scale discrepancy here.

In passing, Verlinden castings are well executed and detailed but their 1/72 GRUs are massively oversize -wonder if the same applies to the 1/48 item?

Mind you, these are the F-14D seats, which I believe are different from what is in the A. Hope that TD got their act together for that one. 

IMG_20160506_221204447_HDR_zpsj63bwgjb.j

On 2016-10-16 at 7:12 PM, Brad-M said:

As the title says, which AM seats would be appropriate?

TIA

Brad

Wait long enough and someone will produce a set for the specific kit.

TD already say theirs are for the Tamiya kit.