Well, I tried my best, and I *think* this is how most of Vermont's H-model Mustangs (they only flew a handful of these, I think 9 total) looked. If this is wrong, then, dangit, I'm still waiting anxiously to know!!!! 

Anyway. 1/72 RS kit. Not bad for a short run kit, considering.

mxJS44m.jpg

drhJpf6.jpg

0gKIKFT.jpg

5zBs9Ew.jpg

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

Thanks! I sure hope so...extremely tough getting good reference material on this unit, especially during that time period. Nothing like looking for photos of, say, VFA-103 Hornets.... 

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2016 at 6:51 PM, RKic said:

I like how it looks. Anything else to say about the kit? I've been eyeing it. Does the landing gear fit well? Can the canopy be opened?

Well, it's not bad...the underwing rockets and pretty much most of the resin bits are horrible, but fortunately the airframe itself doesn't suffer. Landing gear was confusing in the myriad of different little retraction jacks; not sure if that's true for all Mustangs or not, but it caught me by surprise. Could've been better, but definitely could've been worse. 

Canopy is a 1-piece, and took some effort to fit. Probably could be opened, if you trust your skills enough not to crack it in the process. If you do, the detail inside is decent enough for the scale. Probably save most of the fit problems by opening it as well.