The Modern SLUF Guide is at the printers. I expect it to become available by late November. This book, which has taken WAY longer than I ever imagined, is 184 pages long with nearly 1,000 full-color images of every inch of the A-7.
Typical of any book in the Modern Guide series, it covers the cockpits, radar, landing gear, engine, ordnance, and all facets of the airframe with heavy emphasis on open panels and maintenance photos for the model builders. US Navy, USAF, and Greek jets are covered, including A-7C, A-7D, A-7E, A-7H, TA-7C, and A-7K.
Retail will be $39.95 and will be available for purchase directly from the Reid Air Publications webstore.

http://www.reidairpublishing.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RAP015

The website is now accepting pre-orders!

MSG_cover.jpg

ModernSLUFGuide4-5.jpg

ModernSLUFGuide18-19.jpg

ModernSLUFGuide36-37.jpg

ModernSLUFGuide58-59.jpg

Edited by jmel
On 10/23/2016 at 6:26 AM, kurnass77 said:

Another must have book!

Any chance of a modern AV-8B family book Jake? There's a strange gap about this plane reference books....

Gianni

Absolutely!!

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, jaggedadze said:

Got mine today.  A very pleasant surprise. The landscape format works well.

Outstanding!  I can't decide if I want to keep the landscape format or go back to vertical.  What are your thoughts?

12 hours ago, otis252 said:

They're being shipped?

Chuck

I had 3 sample copies that the printer sent me to check quality prior to them shipping the entire bulk batch to me.  I shipped those 3 sample copies.  The bulk shipment should arrive to me on Monday, and I'll start shipping immediately.

4 hours ago, jmel said:

Outstanding!  I can't decide if I want to keep the landscape format or go back to vertical.  What are your thoughts?

In addition to the fact it's easier to leave open on the desk or workbench, this one generally seems more approachable.  This struck (no pun intended) me immediately upon opening the package.  When I opened it, instead of being blasted with pictures and info, it drew me in.  Your books are just packed with stuff.  This seems to make it more easily digestible.

Hi Jake, soon it will be black friday again. I just remember you made special offers for that occasion in the past. Any plans for doing that again? (Because I have plans for buying then again...) :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine yesterday. Absolutely great, Jake's really moved the bar on research book. My one and only thing I'd like to see changed for future books is that they are printed "vertically", just for storage with other books on the shelve. A small thing, really a great book.

Chuck

14 hours ago, k5ikl said:

Still waiting on mine.  PayPal hasn't showed it as shipped as of yet. 

Jerry

I'm sure it's been shipped by now, Jerry.  I'm 100% caught up on all orders at the moment.  What is your order number?