I'm glad to hear the books are starting to reach their new owners.  It looks like many prefer the new landscape format, while equally as many like the original vertical format.

You guy are really no help at all!! 

:monkeydance:

6 hours ago, jmel said:

I'm sure it's been shipped by now, Jerry.  I'm 100% caught up on all orders at the moment.  What is your order number?

Jake,

Order number is 2455 placed 11/21/2016 at 06:48PM.  I usually get a notice from PayPal when

items have been shipped but all has been quite from them since placing the order.  Currently out of

so hope it will be there when I get back next week.  Thanks.

Jerry

I like the landscape because I can use larger photos and the pages do a better job of staying open by themselves while using the book as a reference while at the desk.  I prefer the vertical format for ease of alignment on a book shelf when not in use.

• 2 weeks later...

I can speak for myself in saying this book is truly excellent. It has kindled my interest in building an A-7E, in fact I've bought an A-7D to build as well. I've also bought the AM to go along with both kits, now I only need one more thing. Jake, is there any chance of doing some A-7 decals in 32nd scale. Your 48th scale sheet is fantastic, but how about some love for the big SLUF. Thanks.

Chuck

On 12/24/2016 at 9:14 AM, otis252 said:

Jake, is there any chance of doing some A-7 decals in 32nd scale. Your 48th scale sheet is fantastic, but how about some love for the big SLUF. Thanks.

Chuck

Yes.  :wave:

Thanks for the kind words, Chuck.  I'm glad you've gotten the bug to build some A-7s! 

• 2 weeks later...

I received my copy of the book (from Aviation Megastore) yesterday. It is excellent as usual!

But I'm not entirely happy about the format change. I have all my previous Modern Guide books on one shelf and now the SLUF book had to be put on a different shelf, as it is too wide to fit on a narrow shelf with other books in the series... But maybe the new format will be easier to use on my workbench while working on a model. We'll see. :)

Edited by Vodnik

Is it OK to like both styles?  It's easier to store and look for them in the book case with Portrait style, but I do like the layout better with Landscape.  And as someone said, easier to keep them open when using them for reference.

I guess I'd better hurry up and sell my $10,000 "Modern Hog Guide" book on Amazon before you re-print it...  :)

Edited by GEH737
  • 4 weeks later...

Jake ,

I was finally able to bought my copy and arrived today.

Another great job as usual,you'll be almost bored for compliment like this,but your books are better and better!

And now,please,please,please, a modern AV-8B exposed,I need it!!!!!!!!!!!

Gianni

On 2/23/2017 at 8:39 AM, kurnass77 said:

Jake ,

I was finally able to bought my copy and arrived today.

Another great job as usual,you'll be almost bored for compliment like this,but your books are better and better!

And now,please,please,please, a modern AV-8B exposed,I need it!!!!!!!!!!!

Gianni

I always appreciate feedback, Gianni, especially when it's good!  :sunrevolves:

A quibble, sir.  "Cannon plug" should have a leading cap. Itt-Cannon is the maker of the strain-relief electrical connector. This is similar to the Kleenex issue.  I noticed it in both the F-15 and SLUF books but haven't yet seen it in the F/A-18 book of which I'm about half-way through. I wonder how many of them are actually Amphenol strain relief connectors?

Won't stop me from purchasing your subsquent books.