Martin B-57B/C's. Vermont Air National Guard

First of all, thanks for all  the great work in 1/72 scale.  

I've recently had some  interest in the Vermont Air Guard, especially when they flew as an DSES unit.  Apparently in their last years with the B-57 they flew their birds in a vast array of schemes to recognize  its' years of service.  They had birds in SEA camo, overall black with red markings, black with white markings,  ADC gray with black trim and ADC gray with red trim, all of which carried the legend "Green Mountain Boys" on their tanks.

Doing a sheet on just one unit is a stretch, but those schemes are so diverse perhaps in can  be considered.  Thanks again for all those great 1/72 scale sheets.

image.jpeg

Edited by Viasistina
Mistakes in spelling

While I don't have anything B-57 related in the works right now, I really like the type and I am sure I will eventually get around do doing some decals for the type. It is one of the subjects in my mind for the next year.

13 hours ago, KursadA said:

While I don't have anything B-57 related in the works right now, I really like the type and I am sure I will eventually get around do doing some decals for the type. It is one of the subjects in my mind for the next year.

Well this is good news. If I start now I will probably be finished by the time you release your decals maybe:rofl::rofl:

I'd definitely be interested in this one in 1/72nd scale too. I have an Italeri kit that I've wanted to convert into a Vermont EB-57 for years. The only thing that has stopped me is no decals! Kursad, you're the king of doing decals for kits that are not the latest and greatest, and I believe that this would be right up your alley, and worth considering  ;0) Fred K.

Oh, you KNOW I'm in for this. I've been spending all year building the history of the Vermont ANG in 1/72, and this is one of the ones left on my list, along with their P-51D's, F-89D's and F-16C's. Had planned on doing the EB-57 markings with Vermont F-102 decals, but I'll take ready-made any time!!

So yes, PLEASE on this one. :) I'm there!!!!

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy
  • 2 weeks later...

I will try and do it in both scales - it is a bit too early for preordering anything. The Neptune and B-66 sheets are close to being finished, but a (yet unannounced) difficult project is taking up most of my design time these days. I will start the B-57's soon after I am done with it.

• 1 year later...