On 12/3/2016 at 9:03 PM, Rocketdrvr said:

Have all the books now shipped Jake?

All the preorders have shipped, yes.  There is still a day or two backlog of orders that I'm trying to get caught up with, however.  If you are unsure about your order, you can log into your account and check on the status.

Jake

• 3 months later...
On 10/18/2016 at 8:28 AM, jmel said:

Great news for those unlucky souls who missed out on Pete 'Pig' Fleischmann's The Scale Viper!! There will be a 2nd print run due to return from the printers in November, along with The Modern SLUF Guide!! This is a very limited print run, so don't miss out a 2nd time.

www.reidairpublishing.com

ScaleViper_cover_1.jpg

Jake I have to ask: With the popularity of these books, why make such limited runs of the book? They sell out quickly and I was just on Amazon comparing prices and found a few of your out of print books going for over $400 used.

To me, the person (or store) selling an out of print book for unbelievable mark up (granted that is Capitalism) to a wealthy or unlucky sap is a bloodsucker. The F/A 18E/F book would be of interest to me.....but not like that.

I'm not criticizing anyone's business plan, but wouldn't running a few more copies be a money maker?

18 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I'm not criticizing anyone's business plan, but wouldn't running a few more copies be a money maker?

Sure it would, IF I could somehow predict how many to print.  I printed 6000 Super Hornet Guides and they went extremely fast.  I printed 3000 Kadena books four years ago and I have over half still here.   With regards to the Scale Viper reprint, I wasn't sure how many people want it that missed out last time.  Since it's a basic reprint, as opposed to a newer 2nd Edition such as the Eagle Guide and upcoming Hog Guide, there's really no reason for anyone who bought the first print to buy the reprint.  That leaves me needing to find new customers that I didn't reach last time.  It's a guessing game.

I'd be very surprised if anyone is buying a $400 book.

It's always a gamble.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Edited by jmel
1 hour ago, jmel said:

Sure it would, IF I could somehow predict how many to print.  I printed 6000 Super Hornet Guides and they went extremely fast.  I printed 3000 Kadena books four years ago and I have over half still here.   With regards to the Scale Viper reprint, I wasn't sure how many people want it that missed out last time.  Since it's a basic reprint, as opposed to a newer 2nd Edition such as the Eagle Guide and upcoming Hog Guide, there's really no reason for anyone who bought the first print to buy the reprint.  That leaves me needing to find new customers that I didn't reach last time.  It's a guessing game.

I'd be very surprised if anyone is buying a $400 book.

It's always a gamble.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Whoa....1/2 the Kadena Books?

Your guides are awesome. I just bought two books. I only wish I could have grabbed the Super Hornet Guide after release, but I was on a modelling "hiatus". Any future re-print for it?

As far as the $400+ book. PT Barnum also said "There's a sucker born every minute".

On 3/11/2017 at 10:54 AM, Mr Matt Foley said:

Any future re-print for it?

Absolutely, but it won't be a simple reprint.  It'll be a new 2nd Edition like the Eagle and Hog Guides with new pictures and more/better coverage.

• 2 weeks later...

This is such an awesome book!  Pig does a great job.  His Scale Hornet book is just as awesome.  I have them both.  Haven't seen him on a forum in quite a while now.  Guess he's busy with flying, his aviation training company, and life in general.

Tom