So I recently came back from a small holiday and flew on Westjet both the 737-600 and the newer 737-800. Anyway, as we were coming in the terminal gate we passed another Westjet 737 parked at the next gate. Of course what caught my eyes were these massive sharklets on the wing tip. In fact I only recently found out they were called sharklets as I always referred to them as winglets.

So I came here and did a search and ran across an old 2014 thread about these sharklets for the 737 and did not want to restart an old thread. In the thread they were available at Authentic Airliners. So I go there and out of stock. No issue I will write them and find out when more are coming in. Oh oh, no email address.

So a couple of questions. Is there an email address for Authentic Airliners? I see they are in Germany. And my second question, is there another company making these sharklets? Although having said that, I think I would really want to pick up the Authentic Airliners version since they include the new engines for the 737-800.

Edited by skyhawk174

Thanks guys for the info. WInglets it is  :rolleyes:

I will check Braz to see what they have. I see Authentic is still around since on their site they are talking about having product for Telford 2016.

Still would not mind finding an email address if they have one. Maybe I have to register for the website?

Ok just dropped into Braz's web site. Does not look like they have the winglets I am looking for. Should I say double winglet since the one I need is the set that has both the upper and lower winglet together.

1 hour ago, okthree said:

Do you mean the new scimitar winglets?  They make great holes in the sides of catering trucks.  Contrails makes a set and Airline Hobby Supply has them in stock. 

http://www.airline-hobby-estore.com/product-p/cm44-737-scim.htm

Yup those are the ones. Thanks for the info.

And I am actually an idiot. I went back to Authentic Airlines site and saw that there is a contact tab there so I will send a message to see if they will have the update set for the 737NG back in production soon.

You can contact ELLEN LEHMANN  [ellen.lehmann@authentic-airliner-decals.de], Kurt's wife.  She'll give you all the info you might need.

Observation..the AA split scimitar winglets are a bit more complicated in their construction being multi-part affairs, as opposed to the parts

from Mike at Contrails that are one piece units..  But you can't go wrong with any of Kurt's product.  

15 hours ago, radioguy said:

You can contact ELLEN LEHMANN  [ellen.lehmann@authentic-airliner-decals.de], Kurt's wife.  She'll give you all the info you might need.

Observation..the AA split scimitar winglets are a bit more complicated in their construction being multi-part affairs, as opposed to the parts

from Mike at Contrails that are one piece units..  But you can't go wrong with any of Kurt's product.  

Thanks very much for the info. Kurt actually sent me an email so all good. Even better news is that the sets will be back in production soon. I can wait.

I have 3 of the Revell 737-800 kits and I know one of them is Westjet and another is the lime green one. The third is set for the RAAF Wedgetail conversion. Lots of projects not enough time as per norm :)

The next thing on my list is that wi-fi housing I see on top of the aircraft now. Seems to be different depending on company.

Edited by skyhawk174