Yes...I hope so.

And if so...check out this photo with the "shooting star" beneath "Thunderbirds". Wicked cool! This is the only photo I can find of that. Aircraft Ser No. is 52-9221 (29221 on tail).

F84TbirdsILLt33_zpslizmby3u.jpg

Edited by 82Whitey51

I thought there was an illustration in the Diamond In The Sky book, but no.  There is a description noting that the comet marking was added during the -54 show season.  There is an F-84G diamond formation overlayed on the white star.  The "Thunderbirds" script is similar to the later stand alone script, but is taller and thinner in stroke.  The book illustrates the three different types used on the T-33. 

I had thought, after I got this slide, that I found the comet tail on an old 1/72 Microscale sheet, but I don't think that is true as i have them and Its not showing up.  I have an old illustrated catalog and I'll look at it closer.  

Rick L.

15 minutes ago, Spruemeister said:

I thought there was an illustration in the Diamond In The Sky book, but no.  There is a description noting that the comet marking was added during the -54 show season.  There is an F-84G diamond formation overlayed on the white star.  The "Thunderbirds" script is similar to the later stand alone script, but is taller and thinner in stroke.  The book illustrates the three different types used on the T-33. 

I had thought, after I got this slide, that I found the comet tail on an old 1/72 Microscale sheet, but I don't think that is true as i have them and Its not showing up.  I have an old illustrated catalog and I'll look at it closer.  

Rick L.

"Diamond In The Sky"? Is that the same book as the Replica In Scale "Thunderbirds" book, softcover with all the line drawings and cool modelers notes?

Yes, it has a lot of the drawings from the RIS book, plus drawings for the F-16. It is a good resource, but doesn't have the extensive markings info that the RIS book has, and doesn't cover all of the T-Birds support aircraft, IIRC.

Ben 

1 hour ago, Ben Brown said:

Yes, it has a lot of the drawings from the RIS book, plus drawings for the F-16. It is a good resource, but doesn't have the extensive markings info that the RIS book has, and doesn't cover all of the T-Birds support aircraft, IIRC.

Ben 

Ben, thank you. I have the RIS book with the T-38s on the cover...they did an additional run of them  when they went to F-16s and I had that as a kid ( I remember buying it at the Quonset Point airshow the first (or second?) season they had F-16As) but it went MIA in a move or something.

Do you have any further info on the T-33 with the "comet"?

22 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Ben, thank you. I have the RIS book with the T-38s on the cover...they did an additional run of them  when they went to F-16s and I had that as a kid ( I remember buying it at the Quonset Point airshow the first (or second?) season they had F-16As) but it went MIA in a move or something.

Do you have any further info on the T-33 with the "comet"?

I've never seen the T-33 with the comet. When you first posted it, I started Googling to see if I could find more about it. Nothing. I never saw the RIS edition with the F-16 drawings. I bought the one with the T-33 at a show at Seymour Johnson AFB when I was a teen. I think I still have some photos from that show, somewhere. After seeing the T-Birds in F-100s and F-4s, the T-38s were a bit of a letdown. They just weren't loud enough!