Oh my...  With heavy heart, I have to report to everyone that the NY Giants accused the Pittsburgh Steelers of using under-inflated balls and after thorough measurement of said pigskins - TWO FOOTBALLS WERE FOUND TO BE BELOW NFL PRESSURE LIMITS!!

Unbelievable.  I hope the league will focus all of it's forces on this flagrant violation of policy and move quickly to restore the integrity of the game.  I'm sure that even as I type this post, Ted Wells is being flown to the scene of the crime to begin his detailed and impartial scientific investigation.   As soon as his report is completed, it will be submitted to league executives for edits and adjustments. 

I look forward to Roger acting swiftly and with his usual heavy hand to restore public confidence in the league.

Let's just hope the corrupt Steelers organization accepts the millions in fines and loss of draft picks with grace and Ben accepts his suspension without dragging it out and turning it into a media circus like that malcontent Brady did.  At minimum, I would suggest that last week's Steeler's win be forfeited and that Low Pressure Ben be immediately suspended pending results of the impartial, scientific investigation - just as a precautionary measure.   In addition, all NFL records associated with Ben and his team will be updated to include a *.  

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/deflate-gate-redux-giants-reportedly-suspected-steelers-of-underinflated-balls-in-week-13-173922481.html

This is why the League will be moving to air-less footballs in 2018. The balls will still be the same size and official weight, they just won't have an air bladder in them anymore thus removing the ability for teams to lower themselves to cheating. They will also help in the battle against concussions and sore lower backs for sideline ball handlers. A leaked prototype photo:

hs-666_1z.jpg

A second design concept:

Nerf-NFL-Pro-Grip-Football-New-England-Patriots.jpg

New helmets and pads are rumored to be in the design phase by the same company as will be Manufacturing the balls....

On 12/11/2016 at 6:44 PM, 11bee said:

Oh my...  With heavy heart, I have to report to everyone that the NY Giants accused the Pittsburgh Steelers of using under-inflated balls and after thorough measurement of said pigskins - TWO FOOTBALLS WERE FOUND TO BE BELOW NFL PRESSURE LIMITS!!

Unbelievable.  I hope the league will focus all of it's forces on this flagrant violation of policy and move quickly to restore the integrity of the game.  I'm sure that even as I type this post, Ted Wells is being flown to the scene of the crime to begin his detailed and impartial scientific investigation.   As soon as his report is completed, it will be submitted to league executives for edits and adjustments. 

I look forward to Roger acting swiftly and with his usual heavy hand to restore public confidence in the league.

Let's just hope the corrupt Steelers organization accepts the millions in fines and loss of draft picks with grace and Ben accepts his suspension without dragging it out and turning it into a media circus like that malcontent Brady did.  At minimum, I would suggest that last week's Steeler's win be forfeited and that Low Pressure Ben be immediately suspended pending results of the impartial, scientific investigation - just as a precautionary measure.   In addition, all NFL records associated with Ben and his team will be updated to include a *.  

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/deflate-gate-redux-giants-reportedly-suspected-steelers-of-underinflated-balls-in-week-13-173922481.html

4 super bowl victories in 6 appearances the last 15 years and Patriots fans still act like they're the last person picked at a co-ed company softball game. There must not be an unbruised wife or unkicked dog within 300 miles of that Stadium. 

bonaparte-st-bernard01b.jpg42DnCaO2_400x400.jpg

Edited by TaiidanTomcat
59 minutes ago, TaiidanTomcat said:

4 super bowl victories in 6 appearances the last 15 years and Patriots fans still act like they're the last person picked at a co-ed company softball game. There must not be an unbruised wife or unkicked dog within 300 miles of that Stadium. 

bonaparte-st-bernard01b.jpg42DnCaO2_400x400.jpg

The wives are worse!

Pittsburgh (8-5) and Baltimore (7-6) are in an interesting race. They each have three games left, where in one of those games they play each other.

If my calculations are correct, there are 32 possible outcomes. Out of those 32, Pit wins the division in 20 scenarios, Bal wins the division in 5 scenarios, and there are 7 tiebreak scenarios (both having the same overall record). 

Applying the tiebreak rules (first head to head, then division record) to those 7 scenarios, Baltimore wins all 7 of them.

So, in balance, Pit's chances of winning the division is 20/32, Baltimore's 12/32. I didn't realize Steelers' chances were this good. 

Interesting notes:

- In the 20 scenarios that Pit wins the division, they actually lose to Bal 5 times.

- In the 7 tiebreak scenarios, Bal beats Pit 6 times. 

Edit: The above is only true for games with a clear winner and a loser (no ties).

Edited by Janissary

The Stillers play the Ravens here at home Christmas Day and I hope the weather is like it was today...snowy and cold! I love watching football when the weather is terrible...the more snow the better...especially when I am watching from the comfort of home...LOL!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can't think of a more boring playoff weekend.  SEA vrs Detroit was a blowout.  Same goes for Houston vrs Oakland (I'm truly sad the Raiders season ended on such a lame note).   Pittsburgh vrs Miami should be a blowout as well.  The only game that has serious potential is the Packer's vrs the hated NY Giants at Lambeau.  That should be a good one.  Hope it's 50 below zero and Eli gets frostbite on his throwing hand.   As a Pat's fan, I really, really don't want to see them in the Super Bowl.

Its pretty freaking cold here today so the 'Stiller' game should be interesting. I had a chance to go but declined because as much as I love watching snowy, cold, freezing or muddy football my days of freezing my butt off in football stadiums is over! My passion and interest in the game isn't what it used to be so I am content to stay warm and have access to cheaper beer and no lineups for the restroom...and I can change the channel if it's a boring flag infested game of touch football...LOL!

Sorry to see the Lions and Raiders go yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Two teams deserve to be going to the Super Bowl, two other teams really shouldn't have even been playing today.   Sad about the Packers, seemed like they were just too banged up.  A Rogers vrs Brady game would have been awesome.  I don't know much about the Falcons but they looked pretty darned scary today.   Should be great game.

Wonder when Pittsburgh is going to wake up and dump Tomlin?  A potentially great team, continually held back by a substandard coach. 

• 2 weeks later...

Greatest comeback ever!  What an incredible game!  And, the lighted  drone part of Lady GaGa's halftime show was one of the coolest things I've seen.  To quote Maximus:

"Are you not entertained?!"

Well, for a few hours tonight I most definitely was!

Steve

Best QB in the history of the NFL

Best coach in history of the NFL

Best team in history of the NFL

And to all the folks that slagged NE with those cute deflategate quips - 

See you next year!

Image may contain: 4 people, meme and text

Your comparing college to the NFL? 

As for Atlanta's defense,  they were just worn out 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter.  They were absolutely unstoppable in the 1st half; but you can not be on the field for 93 snaps and not get burned out.  That's why there were 3 defensive holdings in a row, they could not keep up anymore.  It's just like the NY Giants did to the Pats the last time, NY wore out NE's defense, game over.

1 hour ago, dekon70 said:

Your comparing college to the NFL? 

As for Atlanta's defense,  they were just worn out 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter.  They were absolutely unstoppable in the 1st half; but you can not be on the field for 93 snaps and not get burned out.  That's why there were 3 defensive holdings in a row, they could not keep up anymore.  It's just like the NY Giants did to the Pats the last time, NY wore out NE's defense, game over.

As much as I'd like to give all the credit to NE, Atlanta's coach gets a good portion of the blame due to his horrible play calling and time mgmt on their last drive.   At NE's 22.  Just had to run the ball a couple of plays and kick an easy field goal.  Game over, Falcons win.  File that up there w Pete Carrol's horrible call 2 years before. 

Edited by 11bee

Tip my hat to the Pats. What they've done in the last 15 years is beyond remarkable especially with the salary cap and free agency. To me, coach/GM Belichick is the difference more than anything else (ownership, Brady, players, fanbase...). This would be true even if they had lost the game.