F-4 unusual load

Whoa, Sebastian, not so fast.

"found under the pile of debris on my desk",,,,,,I can't be the only one to be thinking that it is a perfect candidate for a "plausible WIF" model.

Do everything on the model as right as you can, and then white glue or superglue some launch rails and missiles on it. (easy to remove later if you want to)

Then "hide it in plain sight" among your other Phantoms that you have dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's on.

14 hours ago, Niels said:

No, as the EA-6A and the A-6B both flew in Vietnam and carried the missile 

Could you provide a source for the an EA-6A carrying a Standard in Vietnam?

Thanks

Michael

3 hours ago, Rex said:

Whoa, Sebastian, not so fast.

"found under the pile of debris on my desk",,,,,,I can't be the only one to be thinking that it is a perfect candidate for a "plausible WIF" model.

Do everything on the model as right as you can, and then white glue or superglue some launch rails and missiles on it. (easy to remove later if you want to)

Then "hide it in plain sight" among your other Phantoms that you have dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's on.

You're on the right track, but It's not actually a Phantom I've found though, it's a Tomcat. I was hoping there would be a US Navy F-4 squadron that flew SEAD missions that had converted to Tomcats, so I could make a plausible what-if  *Tomcat* SEAD bird with HARM under the wing shoulders and either Rockeye or JSOW on the bomb racks... as I have a complete Hasegawa 1/72 F-14B, with all the extra bits you need from the weapons sets to build a Bombcat (BOL rails, bomb racks, LANTIRN and plenty of the pylons for them)... but no Sparrow or Phoenix missiles to counter-balance the LANTIRN pod. Now I'll need to make a *series* of models showing the history of this fictional SEAD-specialized squadron. Not sure my skills are adequate for that. 

• 2 years later...