How do you apply overlapping decals

Hello Guys. Firstly I want to say sorry as this post is a duplicate. I've erroneously posted this question in the armor section under tips and tricks and I can't find the option to delete it. My apologies to the moderators. I hope you can delete that thread

Anyway so I'm using microscale solutions and it normally goes like this

1. Wet decals

2. Apply microset to area where I'll put it

3. Put decals

4. Apply microsol

So my question is what if you have overlapping decals like for instance a Begemot Russian star where the red star is separate from the blue outline. Also saw this for some British roundel where you put the red circle on top of the Blue. How do you apply the solutions for overlapping decals?

42 minutes ago, admiralcag said:

I let the first layer dry for 24 hours and apply the second layer in a separate session. Works like a champ.

Vern

Hi Admiralcag

Do you put setting solutions on your first layer, let's say something like microsol or do you apply them after you placed the second layer?

Perhaps do a test run  on some leftover decals first? Don't have to be multi-layer decals. Just try applying some leftover roundels, intake warnings, serial numbers or whathaveyou on a scrap piece and see how they behave. 

How I do it is put the first part of the decal on a gloss surface, once it has set and is dry, I seal it with a second coat of gloss clear. Leave overnight and then I put the rest of the decal on. When that's dry then the final satin coat. 

I do it this way as I'm worried that when putting the second part of the decal on, that water will get under the first part and move it. 

On 10/21/2016 at 6:59 AM, gibo2016 said:

I was worried that after putting micro sol on the first layer and then I get to putting the microset for the 2nd decal that it might activate something and ruin the decal. This helps a lot. Thank you so much. 

A legitimate concern. That's why I wait 24 hours.

Good luck!