I found this over on M.A.T.S.  Can someone tell me what was going on here? I have never seen anything like this before. Air Craft appears to be taxing with crew members on top of the bird cleaning it! I hope I have not broken any rules by posting their pic?

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-photo-vf111-20xl.jpg

Edited by tosouthern66

Concur on the snow/ice assessment - you can see a dusting on the TPS bird in the background, and it looks like the CAG has an accumulation on the rudder as well.  Must be in some very chilly NorPac waters.

Speaking of the CAG, note the unusual difference in air wing codes on that bird - NG (CVW-9) vs NL (CVW-15).

I used to think that was because of a "wing transition",,,,,,but, it can't be, since every time Kittyhawk switched between those wings, there was either another wing in between them, or a lot of time in between 9 and 15.

It almost has to be an individual aircraft reassignment. (often, the CAG got the newest/best bird painted for him)  But, then I have no idea why they painted the red and white and didn't change the tail code.