Are you ready for this....??? 1/48 B-36 Peacemaker!

It seems that HpH once released a 48th scale B-36, which is just crazy in and of itself! However, they now plan to re-release said monster, as an "upgraded kit" and it will probably retail for around $400!

My dream would be to build one of these, along with an XF-85 Goblin parasite fighter. The only problem is that completed combo would take up my entire living room! Talk about a "man-cave."

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010574-148-convair-b-36-peacemaker-fiberglas-kit-by-hph-future/

Rick

Edited by madmanrick
added link

It's primary engines were recip props.  The jet pods were for added power for short durations.If you don't have a Goblin, try a couple F-84s, one for each wing tip.

Or you could do a XC-99 modification.

7 hours ago, ikar said:

Or you could do a XC-99 modification.

Or if you can find a 1/48 B-52 use the engines, Then modify the B-36 wing heavily and make an YB-60. One book I have about the b-36 shows a diagram of how the YB-60 wing is basically the B-36 wing cut near the root and a "pie slice" inserted to make a swept wing, with different flaps.

I believe Sanger has announced a 1/48th B-52 Vac.  Then you can move to the Jet forum!

7 hours ago, Kurt H. said:

Or if you can find a 1/48 B-52 use the engines, Then modify the B-36 wing heavily and make an YB-60. One book I have about the b-36 shows a diagram of how the YB-60 wing is basically the B-36 wing cut near the root and a "pie slice" inserted to make a swept wing, with different flaps.

I believe Sanger has announced a 1/48th B-52 Vac.  Then you can move to the Jet forum!

I've read that tge YB-60 had something like 60% parts in common with the B-36.  That simplified design and development,  but also was a major handicap against Boeing's B-52, which started from a clean slate.

How wide and high would the fuselage be... because if I brought a 1/48 B-36 kit home "the boss" would have me sleeping in it...LOL! Seriously though, cool kit but too big for me.

Cheers!