MPC AT-AT "Good Shot Jansen"

I dug out my long abandoned MPC AT-AT build. I started on this back in 2006. It got packed away and has finally seen the light of day again.

This kit, along with a few other original release Star Wars MPC kits was given to me by a member at my old model club.  With all the recent hype of the new Star Wars movies, I've been inspired to switch gears from my usual aviation builds and do some sci-fi models.

20160917_210351_zpsjfdfn7vm.jpg

20160917_204626_zpsbd2kfpjp.jpg

I started applying paint and washes to each part of the kit separately. I chose Tamiya surface Primer as the base color of the AT-AT.

20160918_203939_zps5qltsugr.jpg

I discovered this part missing. Searched and searched to no avail. There's no telling how long this part has been gone. Well, this allows me to do a little scratch building.

The kit part is on top and mine is one the bottom...it didn't turn out too bad.

20160930_200312_zps2w8qg4sr.jpg

The cannons are on!! The feet are on and the struts from the legs to the feet are now attached.

20160930_200858_zpsfswk0trd.jpg

SNOW!

Woodland Scenic Snow and Woodland Scenic glue with a little water. I mixed to the consistency of soft serve ice cream and then spread with a cake decorating spatula.

During application, I used some artistic license to replicate snow. I pressed the walker into the base so I could locate it in the desired position after it dried.. I made a foot template from sheet styrene to make the tracks.

Snow_zpsw8huds1n.jpg

Hoth1_zps0c9hazo8.jpg

Hoth2_zpsldtveac9.jpg

The AT-AT is such an impressive and imposing vehicle in the SW universe. You did a really nice job on yours. The colors look good and the Snowspeeder coming around is an easily recognized scene from the ESB. Good stuff!

Now, if we can just get one of these rumored new AT-AT kits on the shelves finally all will be well with the SW world. I know Revell has the AT-ACT out so that's a start.

Great work!

Cheers!