1/48 models that we need

I'd like to see the H-43 as a model kit.  It is a major part of Naval Aviation history that has been neglected.  The "Pedros"  flew a lot of rescue missions for the Air Force.

I think a TH-57 along with other variants of the Jet Ranger/Long Ranger would be a welcome addition.  It's been the training helicopter of Naval Aviation since 1968, and everybody and their uncle flies the Jet Ranger in the civilian world.

And maybe a nice new tooled early Huey.  All we have now is the ancient hybrid B-/C+ kit from Revell which is really showing its age.  The molds themselves are worn out.

There are definitely some others I would be interested in as well (AW.109/MH-68, Mi-26!, and Mi-8), but I think these three are the most realistic ones to see kitted up.

Chris

Ditto on the TH-57, or for the US Army, it would be the TH-67. I'd love to build a large scale flying creamsicle. 

Even have a stage field apron for the base. Yeah, that would be cool!

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench
7 hours ago, Dutch said:

Okay, so I'm going to drop a turd in the punch bowl and suggest the Sikorsky S-62 / HH-52 Seaguard for pole position.

The first time I got plucked out of Pensacola Bay by helo (DWEST, Deep Water Survival Training) it was an HH-52. The pilot was so low that the tail wheel was in and out of the water as the waves cam and went...

Yeah, I only say 'turd' because the H-52 does not seem to get the modelling respect it deserves. Everyone has a more modern or sexier airframe they'd like to see kitted. Whirlybirds out of the UK has a 1/72 vacuform kit available in USCG (2) & JASDF markings, but I'd love to see an injection or resin kit in both 1/72 & 1/48.  Just my $.02!