I understand releasing the J first, with so many famous marking schemes, you can not go wrong.  However, It is a golden opportunity for them to get the jump on academy on the long nose variants. 

Trying to decide if I want to pre-order a ZM  J ... I have 3 academy Js already .. and the "rockin rhino" eduard re-issue.I do not even remember the thinking behind buying them all :rolleyes:

Edited by Kurt H.
6 hours ago, Kurt H. said:

I understand releasing the J first, with so many famous marking schemes, you can not go wrong.  However, It is a golden opportunity for them to get the jump on academy on the long nose variants. 

Trying to decide if I want to pre-order a ZM  J ... I have 3 academy Js already .. and the "rockin rhino" eduard re-issue.I do not even remember the thinking behind buying them all :rolleyes:

considering what I have seen of the sprues and instruction manual ,  it will be worth it..

On 23/10/2016 at 11:53 AM, Ben Brown said:

Hi Jens,

Those were the main things I did. I also added the Sparrow tune antenna, under the starboard ACS scoop, and corrected the wing fences. I cut off the four antenna that are molded into the lower wing and replaced them with leftovers from the Academy F-4B, and I did some sanding on the two long fairings on the intakes to make them look more like the real thing. Then there were the usual Hasegawa F-4 mods, like aftermarket cockpit, intakes, exhausts, drooped the ailerons, boxed in the aux air intakes, improved the intake on the fin, etc.

Ben

Thanks Ben. I've got most of it covered. Most of mine will be without resin cockpit and intakes though as I way too many Phantoms to buy all that resin. ;)

Jens

5 hours ago, glorystomper said:

I did.. but I ordered direct from Japan and I chose EMS shipping as I always do when purchasing from there.

Shipping came out to 2900yen which is about $37cad.

I hate to say it, I ordered from Volks USA and they didn't charge me any shipping. It  processed through.

$75.00 US.

Edited by Scooby

I do recall them stating on their pre-order page that no shipping would be charged, but I had always assumed that would only apply to their US based customers.

Now I've gone to their new US website and it does say free shipping to continental US customers only.

Edited by Craig Baldwin
2 hours ago, Craig Baldwin said:

I do recall them stating on their pre-order page that no shipping would be charged, but I had always assumed that would only apply to their US based customers.

Now I've gone to their new US website and it does say free shipping to continental US customers only.

I read that too, but it didn't give me the option to select a shipping method or see what the cost of it is.

Volks USA just sent me an email wih a link to pay for shipping. They want me to pay $45.99 US ($66.00 Cdn) to ship to Canada! I told them there is no way I'd have purchased from the Volks USA if I knew the shipping was that much.

So I told them to cancel my order and I will reorder from Japan, shipping is half of what shipping from the US is ($32.99 Cdn rather than $65.99 Cdn from the US).

I should have known, USPS has priced me out of buying from the US anymore,

Edited by Scooby

I pre ordered two, now to move my Hasegawa and Academy J's, of which I have at least 3 or 4 in the stash. With the aftermarket that will be included, hopefully I will be able to recoup the bulk of the $150 I paid for the Z-M kits!

19 hours ago, glorystomper said:

yeah, i figure it's easier to ship from Japan straight to me instead of Japan to the USA then to Canada..

They don't actually charged from Japan, the US kits are imported.

The outrageous shipping amount is from the US Postal Service. That is US to Canada.

5 hours ago, Scooby said:

They don't actually charged from Japan, the US kits are imported.

The outrageous shipping amount is from the US Postal Service. That is US to Canada.

i get all my kits straight from japan... i dont buy any US imported stuff

Edited by glorystomper
10 hours ago, glorystomper said:

i get all my kits straight from japan... i dont buy any US imported stuff

Neiher do I normally, this was the one exception. I'm still trying to get it cancelled so I can order from Japan.