1/48 Tamiya F-14A Tomcat

Absolute beauty! Gorgeous Tomcat, especially the distant photos.

Tho on the closeups I can notice some lines from the mold, like flash, for example alongside the beaver tail. And the blue windshield looks too blue according to me. The clean grey silhouette is just Magnificent!

Congrats.

3 hours ago, my favs are F`s said:

Absolute beauty! Gorgeous Tomcat, especially the distant photos.

Tho on the closeups I can notice some lines from the mold, like flash, for example alongside the beaver tail. And the blue windshield looks too blue according to me. The clean grey silhouette is just Magnificent!

Congrats.

I wanted to see if I didn't have to use any filler. I probably could have sanded them down a bit more. It's actually more visible in the photo then in person, believe it or not. The windscreen came from the Fightertown sheet. Furball has some that are more green. I'll use those in the future.

Simply awesome work! This kit is a whole new generation of models and looks as perfect as I've seen. Your work on it is great as always. Love the Starfighter markings!

As for the clear windscreen, we added that in our new F-14 Data/Weapons sheet.  I selected the blue green color after extensive comparison to the real thing and feel we picked the closest possible color. Everyone is certainly entitled to their  opinions and I welcome the feedback. As for being "too blue", I would like it if the decal was more transparent but that isn't possible. You can't select how transparent it prints. The fact that they have transparent decals is pretty cool and I'll take that over the process of mixing clear paint with clear base and painting it. 

Thanks

brian 

2 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Simply awesome work! This kit is a whole new generation of models and looks as perfect as I've seen. Your work on it is great as always. Love the Starfighter markings!

As for the clear windscreen, we added that in our new F-14 Data/Weapons sheet.  I selected the blue green color after extensive comparison to the real thing and feel we picked the closest possible color. Everyone is certainly entitled to their  opinions and I welcome the feedback. As for being "too blue", I would like it if the decal was more transparent but that isn't possible. You can't select how transparent it prints. The fact that they have transparent decals is pretty cool and I'll take that over the process of mixing clear paint with clear base and painting it. 

Thanks

brian 

I have no complaints at all. I love the decal! The stencil sheet is one of the most comprehensive sheets I've ever seen. I can't wait to use all of the items you have on it. I have a project in mind that I'll be doing that on. The reason I said I'd use the Furball ones isn't really about color. They have them separate for $3. With all the Tomcats I'm going to build, I need a bunch of them. Two things on your data sheet that would sell really well as separate items are the windscreen tinting and the silver leading edge decals. Boy, if you had those as separate sets for $3-4 each, I'd buy a ton of them!

Hmmm... Maybe a mini Tomcat detail set? Just 1 color per sheet for printing costs. All silver on one. All black on another... I'll definitely think abut putting that into the mix. Thanks!

I thought the transparent decal was a pretty cool thing. I think the color is spot on but I would like if it was more transparent. Mike came up with that idea and most of the new great stuff on that sheet! His art in doing made it all possible. I added the boot prints;) I tried to get some other weathering items but couldn't figure out how to make it work. But got enough ideas to add when these sell out and do a third data sheet:))...