IRIAF F-14A 1/48 Tamiya

Hello fellow aircraft nuts how are you all so i normally build ww2 aircraft but once i seen pics of Tamiya's new F-14 i just had to get her

Here's the cockpit tub that just falls together as expected i used Mig acrylics which i am starting to use more these days and the usual tamiya enamels for detail painting. I will use the kit decals to build the IRIAF jet.

DSCN0091_zps8sni8uia.jpg

DSCN0093_zpsotmz0wfe.jpg

DSCN0092_zpsnbulpsyj.jpg

So that is where i'm at for now much more to come soon

Cheers Lee...

Thank you - No.11 / Aigore / crackerjazz / Bravosierra001 / Don / xavi84

Just some more pics before the main primer and paint goes on Tamiya supplies extra markings on the decal sheet for the wings that the IRIAF birds painted in the light blue / grey camo have on them so i might paint it in this scheme as this aircraft

( 3-6079 ) is quite well weathered in some pics which i would like to apply to the model.

DSCN0094_zps1dxbi15g.jpg

DSCN0095_zpsz1latnei.jpg

DSCN0096_zps4kgvb0yf.jpg

DSCN0098_zpszp2s2igd.jpg

DSCN0099_zpskv44diii.jpg

DSCN0100_zpsu5taobfk.jpg

Thanks

Cheers Lee

• 2 weeks later...

G'day and back with a few pics with the completed cockpit / Pilot & Rio the figures Tamiya supply are really nice i think and give a good sense of scale to the big Cat

DSCN0101_zpsy0lphi8l.jpg

DSCN0102_zpsenbzaao2.jpg

DSCN0103_zpsdgugkcly.jpg

DSCN0104_zpslhiw4jdv.jpg

DSCN0105_zps49d8nfbb.jpg

DSCN0106_zpsmosusvmk.jpg

DSCN0107_zpsjwvg3u4r.jpg

So that is where i'm at now it will start taking shape quickly from here

back soon with priming and painting the airframe and weapons load and Gear

Lee :)

Hi and back with the camo painted after priming with mig's white primer then a light grey base coat followed by the light bluey grey camo which i had to mix to get it as close as i could to the original

I left some of the paint a little patchy as part of the weathering which i hope will tie in well with what i plan to do for the overall look.

DSCN0119_zpstt0wt3lc.jpg

DSCN0116_zpseg7aaxrc.jpg

DSCN0121_zpsstjpecwx.jpg

Thanks and back soon :)

Lee...

Very nice Tomcat!

I have one in the works as well...not as far as you yet. It's simply a great kit, deserves to be build. I am going to change the seats though for ones with belts...since I am not too fond on the two pilots. Both hang in there like dead (heads dropped) and in exactly the same pose. For such a great kit and at such a price two lifely pilots in different poses I think we could have expected.

cheers

Uwe

12 hours ago, anj4de said:

Very nice Tomcat!

I have one in the works as well...not as far as you yet. It's simply a great kit, deserves to be build. I am going to change the seats though for ones with belts...since I am not too fond on the two pilots. Both hang in there like dead (heads dropped) and in exactly the same pose. For such a great kit and at such a price two lifely pilots in different poses I think we could have expected.

cheers

Uwe

Thanks Uwe

I agree it's a great kit and definitely won't be my last build of one of these I think I will try Tamiya's 1/48 F-16 after this and I really wish they would bring out a 1/48 F/A-18 A+ or C with perfect fitting intakes/nose ect

And good luck with your Cat what markings are you doing ?

Lee