Anyone Know of 1/144 KC-46?

Don,

You need to cut a Revell (or Zvezda) B767-300 down to a -200 , find a spare KC-10 boom from the Revell kit and scratch build the boom mount and various other lumps.

767conversion.jpg

Pretty sure the drogue pods on the KC-46 are the same as the ones fitted to the Airbus KC-30/MRTT which were available for a short time some years ago in a garage conversion for the KC-30.

Edited by Trojan Thunder

Don, I had debated doing a KC-767 conversion years ago, but opted for the E-767 AWACS instead.  I used the ACE (Revell) 767-300 cut down to a -200 and adding a dome from a Revell E-3A kit.  And that's as far as I got.  [https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=11761&p=projects&project=3949] It's been in store for quite some time.  I have most of the decals for JASDF version, just need the Sqn 'Bat' badge for the tail. But, I applaud you for the KC-46 conversion.  Don't forget that the "new" KC-46 does not have winglets. R/ Dutch

2 hours ago, strikeeagle801 said:

I know you said 1/144, but just in case you are not aware, Hasegawa makes a 1/200th scale kit. And my buddy Josh was the photographer of the box art. 

Aaron 

Hey Aaron, Don's introductory sentence was :

I know Hasegawa has released a 1/200 kit but ...

So I think he is  aware of the Hasegawa kit  :whistle:

Josh's photo is a good one too

Edited by Trojan Thunder
8 hours ago, strikeeagle801 said:

Oops. Shows how well I was reading. Oh well. Now he's dually informed. :thumbsup:

Aaron 

No worries Aaron.   I have those moments myself.  :cheers:

And I concur that Josh's photo is a great one.

Edited by Drifterdon
  • 2 years later...

I believe Welsh Models is planning to release a 1/144 KC-767/KC-46 kit in the future.  Should have a vacuform fuselage with the rest in resin (but I am not certain on that breakdown).  Welsh offers a 767-200 fuselage (vacuform) for converting the Revell kit.

5 hours ago, 757flyer said:

I believe Welsh Models is planning to release a 1/144 KC-767/KC-46 kit in the future.  Should have a vacuform fuselage with the rest in resin (but I am not certain on that breakdown).  Welsh offers a 767-200 fuselage (vacuform) for converting the Revell kit.

Yah, I had gone over to their website to see if he had a kit of the KC-46 already and just saw the vac fuselage converting -300 to a -200.   I'd prefer to just cut up the Zvezda kit and go from there.  As for markings I'd like to do a line bird from McConnell but have to wait and see what special unit markings they put on them. 

11 hours ago, riffraff said:

From what I have heard from a couple of KC-135 crews the KC-46 isn't going to have any squadron markings. All the planes will look the same. 

Because AMC Gray wasn't boring enough already.... 🤢

I don’t believe 135’s or AMC aircraft have much of any kind of squadron markings. AMC aircraft usually have a stripe on their tails with maybe the name of the base on it and a AMC and Wing patch usually somewhere on forward fuselage. Let me be clear I am speaking of AMC, not ANG, AFRC, or PACAF USAFE units Kadena 135’s have ZZ on tail, C-17’s from Hickam have HH as well as their 135’s and Elmondorf C-17’s have AK. Yokota 130’s have YJ and Ramstein 130’s have RS. Also some of these units do have somekind of tail artwork as well. So I would assume the 46’s will have a tail stripe and a AMC/Wing patch on forward fuselage. And who knows what ANG/AFRC will have on theirs and we will have to see if any get assigned to PACAF/USAFE.