some ebay humor...

...Lord, teach me to be charitable in my words and thoughts....after all, I've got some horrendous doozies in my past as I learned, don't we all???

Hey, maybe it was something for the kids to throw together and now they've outgrown it? Seriously. In which case it served a far greater purpose.

1 minute ago, CF104 said:

Ya know, sometimes I wonder if those are just "fronts" for something bigger, like selling illegal stuff....seriously.

5 hours ago, CF104 said:

The fact that there are three watchers is just...umm.. a delusion..

"Built F4f Phantom Air Force Fighter Interior 1/48 Vietnam Era Airplane Fighter some Interior needs work canopies are fogged up not glued down looks like it has the wrong backseat needs finished paint work and maybe parts but I do not have thank you"

So which one of us is gonna buy this pro-build?

There's also a listing that sporadically pops up on ebay that beats Mingwin's: http://tinyurl.com/goq58dy

This guy has tried to sell these for easily five years now.

Edited by beingthehero
2 hours ago, Rich in name only said:

As I mentioned in another post:  seller can always say, "but honey, I've offered them for sale but no one will buy".

This.

Looking at that F-4, I had to double-check my shelf!

Cheers!

thanks guys for your contributions!

i wanted to add, that in no case this topic was to make fun of the "builder" of this... (just a bit, of those who *dare* to throw that for sale on ebay....this gives me the idea to sell my weekly garbage on ebay...maybe someone will offer me some $$...but you must be warn that the shipping will be expensive!)

-to -beingthehero: it may beats my "offer" just because it was there for five years...but your seller has remove his adds last Feb.  ....i don't know what was his first pricing for his auction....but my "find" is a 35$ USD! +shipping! for such a nicely build and painted model, just a little fog on the canopy (because you can't call them "clear parts")

Edited by mingwin

Not ebay humor, but Hasegawa humor....  I just saw over at Cybermodeler  (10-25) that Hasegawa is re-releasing two of their 1/72nd scale F-18Es kits in one box with "special" CVW-5 markings (VFA-115 & 195, the same two Japan based units that they always do) for an MSRP of $94.99! So for $95 + shipping you get two $20 F-18E kits, new decals (probably Hasegawa's not so good in house brand), and if you're lucky, a new instruction sheet. Wow.... what a deal! If I was a hobby shop owner and this one came from my distributor, I'd send it back. They'll be lucky to $50 clearance price for this in two years! Crazy......   Fred K.

What kills me about that auction is the guy is charging like 25 times what the decals originally sold for AND he wants to rob you for $15 bucks shipping on top of it. Talk about insult to injury?

Rick

Edited by madmanrick

The saddest thing about those decals is that 3 people are apparently watching the listing. I can only imagine they just want to see if someone was willing to drop $500 on decals.

Along the line of grossly overpriced kits:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Z5-37-Starfix-Model-Kit-Airplane-Plane-Jet-Sealed-Messerschmitt-BF-109-E-RARE-/221494695344?hash=item33921cd5b0:g:q3wAAOSwEK9TxC19

$30 total for a 1/48 Bf-109 kit? Reasonable enough, you'd guess. $30 for a Starfix Bf-109? Heck no!

On 2016-10-25 at 0:27 AM, mingwin said:

it remembers me the first model i build "all by myself" when i was 7... WTF-4...

anyone know what kit has been used to make that thing?

can i just ask why this thread is in the jet modeling forum!???

...i wish people care a little more about throwing their junk thread everywhere...(the thread may be totally legit... lets hope that people care more when they throw garbage in the can, not in the sink... look at what you're doing please!)

...and wish mods could delete those threads as fast as they appear...

15 minutes ago, playertwo said:

can i just ask why this thread is in the jet modeling forum!???

...i wish people care a little more about throwing their junk thread everywhere...(the thread may be totally legit... lets hope that people care more when they throw garbage in the can, not in the sink... look at what you're doing please!)

...and wish mods could delete those threads as fast as they appear...

you miss the end of the first post:

ANYONE KNOWS WHAT KIT (of a jet/in the modelling forum) HAS BEEN USED TO MAKE THAT THING?

seems obvious to me that you clearly miss the point!

do you know what kit has been used? it's a Jet, a F-4... but none i know! ...it has a one piece windshield (may be borrow from another kit...but i doubt)

bottom line is : When you wanted to "quote" me, with my style of "why the hell you sh1t in the sink".... better look first if you where not drinking in the toilet all that time!:monkeydance: 

(Where's that copyright symbol i shall use to prevent  lazy frustrated members to fully copy some of my posts in other threads HERE'S THE PROOF (in a topic dedicated to know if a hobbyshop is still in business...in the "jet modeling forum")

at least, take the time to write your own stuff! ...more important if you wanted to throw it back to me!

playertwo, the last time you where active here, Steve Bamford himself had to take care of your case. (i'm deeply sorry SBARC from showing your name, but it must be said that your intervention has greatly improve the situation! you work hard for the benefits of us all, and often in the "back scene" thanks again:worship:) ...and that happened in be following of a "reply" about a member that was always writing like if he has a pirate accent.... (same guy with multiple account here... when you do it once, it's tempting to do it again and again...)

Edited by mingwin
22 minutes ago, Scooby said:

Indeed Scooby, those who got their hands on those beautiful models where very lucky! (even more true as sellers located in the same country makes shipping more safe and affordable!)

my OP was not intend to bash on ebay either (enough threads on that subjects, and not enough funny) ...it's just because i shop (not buying) often on ebay, and my "ebay wall" shows me subjects related to my various queries... Phantoms kits i wanted to buy... and some...less...

On 10/24/2016 at 11:58 PM, CF104 said:

Then has the nerve to charge $15.00 for shipping!

Then there are the "Pro Built" kits... Make me want to hurl sometimes.

Edited by DonSS3
punctuation error
8 hours ago, mingwin said:

Indeed Scooby, those who got their hands on those beautiful models where very lucky! (even more true as sellers located in the same country makes shipping more safe and affordable!)

my OP was not intend to bash on ebay either (enough threads on that subjects, and not enough funny) ...it's just because i shop (not buying) often on ebay, and my "ebay wall" shows me subjects related to my various queries... Phantoms kits i wanted to buy... and some...less...

I actually think the F-4 model was a joke and the person is just stirring the pot.