THE VIPER: a tribute to F-16's nickname

I made this one matching Kinetic rear fuselage and wings to Tamiya front and lower fuselage, decals are by Two Bobs, of course!

4hzifr.jpg

xmvq55.jpg

here a collection of all the Specials we had in 5°Stormo/23°Gruppo, Cervia AB

2q0m3no.jpg

please take notice: there is a mistake on the decals instruction sheet, top view shows a F-16C while this one is a F-16A ADF with shorter tail base, consequently the yellow line should pass just in front of the cutting edge of the tail base, otherwise decals will not fit!!!!

e7njhc.jpg

59zvrk.jpg

I made this kit in Aggressor mode she played in the end of April 2010 in Decimomannu AB adding one dummy AMI-9L and one IAD AACMI pod (scratchbuilt) with just the centreline 300 us gal fuel tank.

w1b69e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Paolo Beautiful as usual, you have a keen eye for the colorful birds.

Only critique is that the LEF should never be at any position other than 2 degrees up while the jet is on the ground.

They drive down when the NLG and MLG Show the aircraft is airborne.

William G

12 hours ago, Johnny_K said:

Wow!! That's an amazing collection of aircraft. I have a question for you. How to your level of interest up? I think that I would get bored.

Well, my gather was in this Wing for 36 years, I named my daughter Diana, I spend several days in the air base in 5 years collecting almost one million photos, in April 2010 my drawing was chosen for the tail of the special Diana and I spent one week in the air base to airbrush it. Considering all the above I can say I'm addicted to this Wing and never boring modelling its fighter, beside these F-16s I also made 10 F-104s with Diana on the tail, plus several Spitfire, P-47, F-84G, F-84F, F-86K and MB.326, my only regret is that it was disbanded! 

1 hour ago, William G said:

Paolo Beautiful as usual, you have a keen eye for the colorful birds.

Only critique is that the LEF should never be at any position other than 2 degrees up while the jet is on the ground.

They drive down when the NLG and MLG Show the aircraft is airborne.

William G

Thank you so much William, will see if I can put them up a bit...