Dear fellow modelers from all around the world, which one wuld you consider "the" nose to fit to the Academy 1/48 scale MiG-29 Fulcrum 9-12....Quickboost?, Karaya?...any other?. Wich afterburner cones go better, aires or Eduard´s ones?.

Best regards,

Juan

long ago, when i was collecting stuff for some multibuild academy mig-29 project, i did have many various cones in my possession. the LM, the Pisco, the Quickboost...and the Neomega. the later was my favorite. ...maybe because it has the pitot hole already drilled... 

for the burners i would go with eduard... if you can get them cheaper. 

i did sell all my academy mig-29  stuff (10 kits and undreds of $$ in AM stuff last year) Now i own 8 GWH kits that merely needs anything to make them looks better.

Thank you both, guys. In fact I have one Great Wall Hobbies  and I´m planning to purchase a second, a 9-13, but, as ggod as they are, they´re expensive...I already have 2 Academy´s ones, wich are far cheaper, and a lot of aftermarket decals. So, burner cans Eduard for sure....let´s see those nose cones now....:cheers:

I would say go with neomega. I used a couple of the quickboost noses and both needed quite some work to blend as it had a bigger radius than the kit nose. The shape is also inaccurate from my experience. The pisco nose fits beautifully and has better shape, but you need to cut the tip and drill a hole for the pitot yourself.

If you can get the neomega or pisco go for it. However , don't disqualify the QB nose. I've built multiple Academy Fulcrums and always used the QB nose with no issues.

As far as Burner Cans i have always gone Aires, i like their detail much better. Wolf-pack has a new set out, but i have not had the pleasure of using them.

As a side note, if you are replacing the cockpit, go with Eduard. the Aires one is to much hassle.

35 minutes ago, aircal62 said:

As for cockpits, I like the Neomega cockpit for the MiG-29A.  Fits in great and very nice details.  

i also like the neomega cockpit.... but the headrest of the seat is a tad too small/misshaped (as surprising as it may seems with neomega's reputation...) ...but if the academy kit is OK/enough ...that little misshape shouldn't be a bugger...

Edited by mingwin
  • 9 months later...