New AOA Decals - 1/32 VNAF A-1 Skyraiders (Parts 1 & 2)

AOA's next release is the previously mentioned 1/32 VNAF A-1H (AD-6) Skyraiders. Turned out to be too many for one sheet so there will be two releases, each one still also pretty full. The sheets cover overall 36440 grey, grey over white, overall 36473 grey, USAF SEA camo, and various VNAF style camo Skyraiders.

$20 each (free shipping in US)
Now in stock (11/29)

Printed by Cartograf.
www.AOAdecals.com

(Click images for larger views)
vnaf.jpg

32017:
32017a.jpg
32017.jpg

32018:
32018a.jpg
32018.jpg

Edited by ziggyfoos

When doing these schemes, pay special attention to the dorsal and ventral antenna arrangements. A wide variety of combinations were seen from one aircraft to the next.

I learned that from research I did when tackling a few Tamiya VNAF birds.

Marc B.

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 9:16 AM, trietmcam said:

Ooh! Gotta have one... no two..no make it three. What scale available?

I forgot to make that clear, I'll edit my post. These are 1/32. Plan to do 1/48 projects through the winter.

14 hours ago, Modelmkr said:

When doing these schemes, pay special attention to the dorsal and ventral antenna arrangements. A wide variety of combinations were seen from one aircraft to the next.

Ya I tried to capture each specific aircraft's antenna layouts in the profiles.

2 hours ago, ziggyfoos said:

Ya I tried to capture each specific aircraft's antenna layouts in the profiles.

I noticed that… just letting everyone else know to keep a sharp eye on those details; they are easily missed if you aren't paying attention.

Marc B.

On 11/1/2016 at 9:54 AM, Modelmkr said:

I noticed that… just letting everyone else know to keep a sharp eye on those details; they are easily missed if you aren't paying attention.

Marc B.

Here's one that's easily missed, one aerial antenna line running along the bottom fuselage. This was on just about every VNAF A-1H and J's, except the E's.

a1h_520_10_zpswspxeprc.jpg

15 minutes ago, trietmcam said:

Here's one that's easily missed, one aerial antenna line running along the bottom fuselage. This was on just about every VNAF A-1H and J's, except the E's.

Ya I have them on the profiles for those that had them. The early 60s ones didn't.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...