Master Mi-24 gun and pitot

Here is the latest Master product. The innovative Polish manufacture is introducing a new collection of sets for the Mi-24 Hind kits in three scales. They have in the past made some fantastic rotary guns, like the Vulcan, which was a joy to build, but it was all made of turned brass barrels and photoetch parts. Some work, OK a bit more than that was required to build them, but the end result was fantastic!

Well what can one do with the tiny 12.7mm calibre four barrel gun of the Mi-24 Hind? Master introduced a superb 3D printed gun body together with the barrels. The centre piece with a big recoil spring around it is turned from brass. The build of this gun could not be simpler: insert the brass centre rod into the perfectly printed gun and all you have to do now is painting!

The 3D printing is fantastic capturing all the fine details of the real gun!

Just to step a bit further the pitot boom of the Mi-24 helicopters has also been replicated. Here two brass parts are combined with the angle of attack indicator DUAS vanes. They are once again reproduced in 3D printing and a soft resin is used so that the very delicate vanes don’t brake. The assembly is once again very simple, just push together the three parts and you can paint it.

This is a perfect addition to any Mi-24 kit and fantastic extra for the Zvezda kit be it either in the Eduard boxing or the original Russian. 

The sets will be first available at the Telford show.

Best regards

Gabor

14691005_1171811922900160_1655615385083172287_n.jpg

14358964_1171811909566828_3757728711212152359_n.jpg

14650278_1171811912900161_421718878322264398_n.jpg

14729258_1171811969566822_3552934785576685326_n.jpg

I'm loving this! Master parts are won·der·ful!

Sign me up for a 1/48 set. With the Caracal "Last of the NATO Hinds" decals, I'm all set!

Don't see them on the web site yet, when will we be able to order?

2 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Don't see them on the web site yet, when will we be able to order?

The introduction of this brand new product will be at the Tellford show. 

It is fantastic but I will have some photos in a day or two so everyone will be able to make their own decission.

1 hour ago, kotey said:

Machine gun called Yakb-12,7 (ЯкБ-12,7). Some army aviation jokers sayd it means - Якобы стреляет 12,7 - Allegedly shoots 12,7.

:thumbsup: 

The caliber was not big enough but I have seen it in action and it was good enough to cases a “bit of damage”!!!

OK, the 30mm of the Mi-24P is a completely different gun with considerable punch but it also shakes the airframe apart in very short time!

Best regards

Gabor

Will these new kits already have a kit number in Telford. I can't come to Telford but a friend of me will be there, else i could give him the kitnr so he could bring it with him for me.

It would be for the kit from trumpeter in scale 1/35. 

Best regards

DJs

DJs Scalemodelling

Hi DJs,

Yes all the sets are ready for Telford and they have ID numbers.

For the 35th scale it is            AM-35-003

In 48th scale                          AM-48-126

and in 72ns                           AM-72-110

Hope this is of help.

Please note that on the photos below only the gun body is shown, the central part with the spring on it is still not attached. More photos soon! :) 

Best regards

Gabor

14907581_1176630495751636_1178146705386593949_n.jpg

14925645_1176630499084969_7887647180173905895_n.jpg

Edited by ya-gabor
8 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Hi DJs,

Yes all the sets are ready for Telford and they have ID numbers.

For the 35th scale it is            AM-35-003

In 48th scale                          AM-48-126

and in 72ns                           AM-72-110

Hope this is of help.

Please note that on the photos below only the gun body is shown, the central part with the spring on it is still not attached. More photos soon! :) 

Best regards

Gabor

14907581_1176630495751636_1178146705386593949_n.jpg

14925645_1176630499084969_7887647180173905895_n.jpg

Hi Gabor

Thank you very much for the reply 

Just one more question is the pitot together with the gun or does it have a other number ?

Best Regards 

DJs 

2 hours ago, DJs said:

is the pitot together with the gun or does it have a other number ?

The Master set's for the Mi-24 Hind have both the gun and the pitot. So under that product number you will get them both. The photo above was a preliminary picture taken during test construction so the central part of the gun and the pitot was not shown here.

I should have some photos of the construction (if you can call it that) in few days. Well basically all you have to do is to put the turned part into the printed resin parts and you can start painting!  It is as easy as it can get. 

Please make a note that these parts are very Very VERY small with tons of details in/on them, so extreme care should be taken when handling the parts!!!!!

Best regards

Gabor

2 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

The Master set's for the Mi-24 Hind have both the gun and the pitot. So under that product number you will get them both. The photo above was a preliminary picture taken during test construction so the central part of the gun and the pitot was not shown here.

I should have some photos of the construction (if you can call it that) in few days. Well basically all you have to do is to put the turned part into the printed resin parts and you can start painting!  It is as easy as it can get. 

Please make a note that these parts are very Very VERY small with tons of details in/on them, so extreme care should be taken when handling the parts!!!!!

Best regards

Gabor

Thx Gabor, I just asked to be sure they were together in one kit. Looking forward to have them. I already heart the kit is very nice and fits very well to the Hind 

Best regards

DJs

Dear Gabor,

Sorry to disturbe you again, I have one more question to become the kit in Telford.

Is it for sale by a dealer or does Master Model have a stand there ?

A friend of me would try to pick up the kit at Telford and he asked me were to become it

Best regards

DJs

The Polish Master company has its own stand at Telford, same as in the past years. You can buy the new sets (and the older ones too) directly from them. I try to find out the exact stand number for you.

You can follow their way to Telford on the facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/MASTERbarrels/

Beset regards

Gabor

The Polish Master company has its own stand at Telford, same as in the past years. You can buy the new sets (and the older ones too) directly from them. I try to find out the exact stand number for you.

Beset regards

Gabor

P.s.

I have just received the location of the stand, it will be:

Hall 3  Stand 3 wall C4 just next to the entry into Hall 2

A map to help in finding Master will be posted soon on his facebook page 

8 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Beset regards

Gabor

P.s.

I have just received the location of the stand, it will be:

Hall 3  Stand 3 wall C4 just next to the entry into Hall 2

A map to help in finding Master will be posted soon on his facebook page 

Thx for the information

Best regards 

DJs

Well this is what you get with the brand new Master product from Poland, the Mi-24 set. OK the original Mi-24 DUAS vane on the photo and the cut-away from the original gun is not included (it is part of my own collection) but what you get inside the package is a true replica of the real thing! It is produced in three scales (35th, 48th and 72nd to go with available kits) and believe me they all have the same amount of detail including the minute 72nd scale version! Just for practical reasons I am showing here only the biggest scale version but later will include some comparisons of the smaller scales too.

The set includes the YaKB 12.7 four barrel rotary gun and the pitot boom as well as the DUAS vanes on it. All this comes in the standard Master packaging but for the 3D printed parts there is a special protection inside a small foam box with a sticky bottom to it. This means that the parts are well protected and at the same time will not shake around inside the packaging. When you take it out of the packaging special care is needed. The parts are very small, extremely small so a lot of attention is required! To help us Master has produced the 3D printed parts from a soft kind of resin so they are not so brittle. Still you can manage to brake them if you “work at it hard”.  

Construction could not be simpler than this. There is no cutting, sanding, adjusting . . . OK there is a bit of cutting, you have to cut open the plastic bag which holds the turned brass parts. For the pitot you just insert the turned brass pitot front part in the 3D printed angle of attack vanes assembly and put this into the small hole on the front of the pitot boom. I used just a tiny drop of cyanoacrylate glue before attaching to the boom. That’s all.

The gun is even simpler, we get the 3D printed gun and to go with it the central axel with a spring around it from turned brass. For holding the gun a toothpick was sharpened or to be more precise it was cut down to a smaller diameter. Now this is easy for 35th scale gun but for the 72nd it was a bit challenging. Once again please note the 3D parts are very delicate, I used the tweezer to hold the gun only at its base, never touching the barrels. All parts were thoroughly washed before any painting was started and after that I did not touch the parts directly only the holders.   

More soon

Best regards

Gabor

Mi-24 Master 35th 1 LR.jpg

Mi-24 Master 35th 2 LR.jpg

Edited by ya-gabor

Assembly of the pitot boom is extremely simple. The front goes into the 3D printed part with the angle of attack vanes and it all joins with the main boom. Just a very small amount of super glue and it is ready for paint!

More soon

Best regards

Gabor

Mi-24 Master 35th 4 LR.jpg

Master brass products are beautiful things in and of themselves, from complex rotary weapons to tiny but gorgeously formed make-specific static dischargers...in 1/72!  Their venture into multi-media goodies is exceptionally welcome for me; I have the 1/48 Su-17 probe and it is a piece of modelling jewellery. I really hope they follow up with a MiG-21 item...:worship: