Proxxon pen sander- has anyone used one?

I recently bought a Proxxon pen sander on Ebay.  I have read good reviews on it and it seems like a useful tool to have around. Although, when it arrived, I found out it needed a power converter or adapter. So, I bought one of those as well. I'm hoping that it is compatible with American power outlets, which in the manual, the adapter I just bought on the bay was recommended. So, I should be good to use it as soon as it gets here. I'm anxious to start using it as I have a good project to use it on. Does anyone else have one of these? And if you do, how do you like it? Is it good for sanding larger areas? Any feedback is much appreciated.

Ryan.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had to buy the transformer or convertor, whichever it is. Once I had that, I was good to go. I tried it out on a monogram Invader that I'm rescribing. You have to sand lightly without pressing down too hard, but it works like a dream. It cut down the sanding time to mere seconds instead of minutes. There were a couple of gouges I have to re-sand because I pressed down too hard, but that's part of the learning curve, I guess.

I've used a battery powered Dremel tool on slow speed.  The battery powered Dremel doesn't have the power that the AC powered units do.

As with the Proxxon sander, you have to be careful of you will cut and gouge the plastic.  If you run the speed up too high, it will also melt plastic.