Where oh where is our Hornet replacement?

6 hours ago, MacStingy said:

Didn't Sunnyboy promise that this would be a transparent govt., unlike the Evil Empire of the previous? Where did that go?

That's going to be an interesting question. think of it as a "hypocrisy test" the joke of a CBC documentary from years back that set the land aflame and is often referenced as a scandal, was mad that the CF-18 replacement was sole source, that the costs were low balled, that the operational implications were hidden from the public, and that a competition was necessary... well, well

A lot of people like to imply bribery and coercion too, but let's not talk about that. what's funny is a lot of Canadians were convinced the last government was silencing internak critics, yet this is the first I've ever heard of an official gag order...

One thing I get to "relearn" is that most people that are "against bullying" are really just unhappy they aren't the bully. same goes for "tolerance." the minority party is always unhappy with executive powers, until they have the executive power of course. then it's cool, in fact they need even more in order to create the most good. 

Anywho, double standard of peace. he should be called out on this 

On 11/24/2016 at 2:24 PM, TaiidanTomcat said:

Their Intel said the same things about WMDs BTW. you're looking at this from a completely American centric view. and I know we invaded Afghanistan totally randomly. and they followed for many reasons not least of which is that their own skin is in the game. do we really think international terrorism hinges totally on the US and our actions?

And there are lots of people in those same countries that agree,

Wut?  I suggest that you travel, go find a nice pub (not a tourist put but just a regular working man's joint) in England and table your novel ideas. Give me a call and let me know how you make out once they take the wires out of your jaw.   Last time I was in the UK, you had to be very cautious in bringing up anything on Iraq, nearly the same on Afghanistan.   If you can find anyone in the UK who is a big fan of those two adventures, let me know because I definitely had no luck during my last visit a couple of years back. 

1 hour ago, 11bee said:

Wut?  I suggest that you travel, go find a nice pub (not a tourist put but just a regular working man's joint) in England and table your novel ideas. Give me a call and let me know how you make out once they take the wires out of your jaw.   Last time I was in the UK, you had to be very cautious in bringing up anything on Iraq, nearly the same on Afghanistan.   If you can find anyone in the UK who is a big fan of those two adventures, let me know because I definitely had no luck during my last visit a couple of years back. 

I got a lot of friends and some in uniform from the UK. Thanks. Not going to derail the thread anymore. you want to pick fights start another thread. the only reason it got waded into here was that some Canadians brought it up. some americans echoed it and the  some people twisted it.

Edited by TaiidanTomcat
Ottawa Citizen     Homepage
  •  

UPDATE – Defence Minister Sajjan’s spokeswoman Jordan Owens has responded to this Defence Watch article. Here is what she has to say:

“The capability gap is about there being an insufficient number of aircraft available on any given day to meet our existing NORAD obligations and NATO commitments combined, not to mention having the capacity to react to unforeseen and emerging threats. Keeping old planes flying longer won’t address the capability gap. With the current availability rate of Canada’s 77 CF-18s, there is a capability gap that the Air Force has to risk manage. With the current availability rate what it is, even if the 77 airplanes could fly forever, there still wouldn’t be enough of them to simultaneously meet our NORAD and NATO commitments. The only way to address the capability gap is to improve the availability rate of our fighter fleet. This means we need more people and it means we need more planes. The situation the previous government left us in absolutely means we will need to extend the life of the fleet, in order to make up for the time they wasted not procuring a replacement for the CF-18s.”

so now it's about expanding the air force and the RCAF commander didn't know it?

Edited by TaiidanTomcat
On 2016-11-24 at 0:24 PM, TaiidanTomcat said:

Their Intel said the same things about WMDs BTW. you're looking at this from a completely American centric view. and I know we invaded Afghanistan totally randomly. and they followed for many reasons not least of which is that their own skin is in the game. do we really think international terrorism hinges totally on the US and our actions?

The sad thing about the WMD debate is all components, delivery systems and ingredients, were found together. What was not found was an assembled weapon.

The Bush administration did a poor job of getting this information out.

I am embarrassed at our stance on this issue. We are telling all of the program partners that they have made the wrong move. Maybe I should think about moving somewhere where people seem to have their heads screwed on straight. Norway? Denmark? Oz? Holland? 

3 hours ago, Scooby said:

Sunny is more concerned about the death of Castro than to care for his country.

Bingo you said it.

I'm not surprised. I hated that he spoke for all Canadians in his condolences too. Speak for yourself Mr. J.T.

“F-35 was a larger than life fighter that served its people well, for what feels like almost half a century,”  LM said in the statement, which was issued while they attended a summit meeting in some Canadian Province I'm too lazy to google. Alberta,  I guess.  They described the Joint Strike Fighter, who ruled the pentagon budget for almost 20 years, as “America’s longest running Fighter Program.”

“While a controversial fighter, both the F-35s supporters and detractors recognized its tremendous expense and love for the western taxpayers, who had a deep and lasting affection for something many only knew from skewed press stories and internet commentary”  LM continued. He added that the F-35 is “a legendary revolutionary fighter and warplane” whose seeming back seat in Canada had brought them “deep sorrow.”

Lockheed Closed by noting that provided you forgot "all the bad things" it was "pretty good really" and lamented its seeming temporary delay in Canada

Edited by TaiidanTomcat
15 hours ago, TaiidanTomcat said:

“F-35 was a larger than life fighter that served its people well, for what feels like almost half a century,”  LM said in the statement, which was issued while they attended a summit meeting in some Canadian Province I'm too lazy to google. Alberta,  I guess.  They described the Joint Strike Fighter, who ruled the pentagon budget for almost 20 years, as “America’s longest running Fighter Program.”

“While a controversial fighter, both the F-35s supporters and detractors recognized its tremendous expense and love for the western taxpayers, who had a deep and lasting affection for something many only knew from skewed press stories and internet commentary”  LM continued. He added that the F-35 is “a legendary revolutionary fighter and warplane” whose seeming back seat in Canada had brought them “deep sorrow.”

Lockheed Closed by noting that provided you forgot "all the bad things" it was "pretty good really" and lamented its seeming temporary delay in Canada

:rofl:LOL, I see the parody in the faux  statement. Funny in the parody, but sad in both ways. One in how our government continues to bungle up a new fighter purchase and two in how our PM   digs a bigger political hole for himself   about one of the 20th century's most unsavory men. It's ok  J.T. because B.O. 's statement was not much better.

I was digging the history pages and I found an obscure statement from WWII.

Re: Joint Allied High Command, and our collective nation's Heads of State, Apr. 30 1945:

We at Allied High Command representing our collective Heads of State have just found out that one, Chancellor Adolf Hitler, Furor has just courageously taken his life.

Though a controvertial  leader, he was much heralded by many of his population. A strong, intelligent leader we respect him  for turning  Germany's economy around. Yes one may argue and history will judge many of his  less savory actions carried out. Many of his own people as well as people neighbouring nations did suffer from  the challenges of human rights abuses. But we must not forget the achievements  he made for Germany and the German people. Such as a well  developed autobahn system, extensive public education system, funding numerous medical studies programs using many German people, technical achievements funded by the Furor.  Lest we forget near full employment, the list of his achievements is long. His  12 year service sadly cut short  to  the German   people will not be soon forgotten  by  Germans and the world. So we at Allied High Command, representing our collective Heads of State will end by saying we  stand with respect to the German  people, express our condolences for your loss  and ask that the people of Germany   move along well with  us in a  world post Chancellor Hitler.

Satire, Satire, Satire for those who may not have realized my point, notably one Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

“The Commander of the RCAF is confident that, based on the latest information available, there is sufficient capacity to support a transition to a replacement fighter capability based on the ongoing projects and planned life extension to 2025 for the CF-18,” it noted in a statement provided to the defence committee this week.--- from the Ottawa Citizen article linked in another post above.

So the RCAF's own Commander says the Cf-18's are/will be good-to-go until 2025 which by then transition to a new replacement fighter would be well underway if not nearing completion but Trudeau and his bungling Lib cronies say no...not possible...they know better then the RCAF top brass. WTF...? This is making the whole Sea King debacle look like small potatoes and is pretty embarrassing.

Hurts the head.

12 hours ago, Meatwad said:

This is a good read for any of you not completely sold on the F-35.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/low-and-slow

pvXCtP5.gif

Come on mate, you need to put like a spit-take warning on there. I'm allowed one cup of coffee a day and I almost launched a mouthful of it! other than that though, a great laugh. couldn't tell if it was satire, or if being utterly one sided and bereft of facts complete with "experts" meant I am forever trapped in election season! 

Edited by TaiidanTomcat
21 hours ago, Meatwad said:

This is a good read for any of you not completely sold on the F-35.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/low-and-slow

That would make intercepting intruding Russian bombers a bit problematic, but on the plus end, it might make a really funny What-If model, packing a couple Sidewinders and a Red Star kill marking.

Alvis 3.1

Edited by Alvis 3.1
1 hour ago, Alvis 3.1 said:

That would make intercepting intruding Russian bombers a bit problematic, but on the plus end, it might make a really funny What-If model, packing a couple Sidewinders a Red Star kill marking.

Alvis 3.1

Pilot name on Canopy: Pierre "simple" Sprey? 

2 hours ago, Alvis 3.1 said:

That would make intercepting intruding Russian bombers a bit problematic, but on the plus end, it might make a really funny What-If...

Alvis 3.1

You forgot about how it would make the ultimate fly-in fishing aircraft with floats attached! Slow, good loiter time, good low altitude flying characteristics, multitude payload options...strafe away at the lake, land and scoop up the catch....

...Just watch out for canoes...

Screen-Shot-2015-10-21-at-10.23.26-AM-620x390.png

1 minute ago, Don said:

You forgot about how it would make the ultimate fly-in fishing aircraft with floats attached! Slow, good loiter time, good low altitude flying characteristics, multitude payload options...strafe away at the lake, land and scoop up the catch....

...Just watch out for canoes...

Screen-Shot-2015-10-21-at-10.23.26-AM-620x390.png

Yeah, that didn't like TOTALLY give me any ideas for a diorama....

Alvis 3.1

1 minute ago, TaiidanTomcat said:

1284628.jpg?v=v40

Don is right

Who needs Tucans when you already got Beavers?

add a JDAM between the floats and a sidewinder on each wing tip and we are good to go!! 

If it opened up the north it can darn well protect it..lol

Sean

On 2016-11-26 at 4:50 PM, Gordon Shumway said:

Bingo you said it.

I'm not surprised. I hated that he spoke for all Canadians in his condolences too. Speak for yourself Mr. J.T.

Sunny hasn't even expressed his condolences over the loss of our fighter pilot today.

I have ex-squadron mates in that squadron. I served with the CO when he was just a young Captain. He is a great person. I'm hoping he is well.