Airfix New 1/48 Hawker Sea Fury

14 hours ago, Nightfighter said:

Great news but I hope it's better than the recent Meteor.   Not a bad kit but it lacks things that should be standard on new kits now such as clear wing lights. 

Airfix's other kits have clear nav light covers for those that have clear covers and I'm sure the Sea Fury will, I guess because they are coloured lenses on the Meteor they figured it wasn't worth it, but it would have been nice. Still doesn't take long to cut out and add some clear sprue in there.

9 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Airfix's other kits have clear nav light covers for those that have clear covers and I'm sure the Sea Fury will, I guess because they are coloured lenses on the Meteor they figured it wasn't worth it, but it would have been nice. Still doesn't take long to cut out and add some clear sprue in there.

True but even though they're coloured on the Meteor all people have to do is paint the lense's red and blue/green.  As for clear sprue I have done that in the past but I found it a bit of a hassle arseing about cutting and sanding etc and the ones I've seen don't always look right.    I think clear plastic lights should be standard now where possible.

19 hours ago, ReccePhreak said:

How about a Spitfire PR.XI!! :pray:

Eduard did say they intend to do a limited edition PR.XI version of their Spit, though this hasn't been mentioned for a while so I hope they still plan to do it.

42 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

Eduard did say they intend to do a limited edition PR.XI version of their Spit, though this hasn't been mentioned for a while so I hope they still plan to do it.

That would be TOTALLY AWESOME!! :woot.gif:

Larry