Monogram 1/48 Delta Dagger Questions

Lisa,

Welcome to the site.  You've already gotten lots of great advice from other members here so I'll add one more.  Make sure before you apply any decals,  you have a glossy finish.  You can get this from a glossy paint, from airbrushing 'Future ' as someone suggested,  or use Master Modeller clear gloss coat.  If you do there shouldn't be any 'silvering' around the decals. After the decals are applied,  also seal them with either a gloss, semi gloss or flat finish (depending on your build ).  You can get either of them in Master Modeller spray cans.  Remember,  Several light coats instead of one heavy coat works best.  Good luck on your build.  I'll be watching how it goes. 

Howdy Lisa,

You seem to have a handle on it. The Meatbox (Meteor) is/was a very popular kit and should fit together well.

I used to be stationed at DM and spent many an hour at Tucson Hobby Shop on Speedway, I think it was and when I moved over to the East side, I spent the time at Craig's Hobbies.

There are many tips, techniques and things to help you out. Much of it comes from experience...and much from reading. Us plastic addicts have many unfinished or half-addled/regretful builds but....just the same we take it as a learning experience and often, when someone comes along with a superior build, we feign disgust and jokingly swear to leave the hobby and dump all our kits in the landfill.

The hobby is both personal and group-share. If you want to share your work, everyone here will look it over and give polite critiquing or sometimes not-so-much but even the coarser offerings of criticism, though a little harsh, are well-meaning. Try not to let it bother you if someone is a little abrasive though most here are fine people and offer tips or ideas softly and politely.

From filling and sanding to decaling to airbrushing etc....it's here. Also...FineScale Modeler, a periodical you may be able to find on the shelf at the hobby shop often has tips and techniques for the beginner. They have a website as well.

It's a hobby you can enjoy at our own pace and it can be as involved and anal-retentive or relaxed and vague as you like. Many here strive for historically accurate replicas in miniature while some do whimsical renditions or both.....and then there's the "WIF" crowd or "What-if". Like if the US captured an Me-262 before the end of WW-II and sent it to the US for test-flight/eval and painted it in US markings.

Lots of fun to be had. You will likely absorb and wish to try something as soon as you learn about it. You're going to have a lot of fun.

Edited by VADM Fangschleister