CCIP and block 40/42

11 minutes ago, Murph said:

The idea behind CCIP is to bring the Block 40/42 and 50/52 jets to a common standard. 

Regards,

Murph

This is true. I just thought the IFF was some how different with the 40/42, at least until I kept on seeing photos of it popping up.  I just wonder why it took so long for that modification to show up on them. 

4 minutes ago, Murph said:

Tulsa Block 42.

F-16CM%20Tulsa1_zpsufwoekzi.jpg

F-16CM%20Tulsa2_zpswkcetmbv.jpg

If you're building in 1/72 scale Wolfpak has markings for the OK Guard.  LINK

Hey Murphy where did you shoot those photos at?   I saw those. I was thinking about buying those. I was hoping that tamiya would come out with a 25/32 kit so I could kit bash it with a 50 and use the eduard photo set for the hud to get a 42. Might be waiting a while though. We will see

In fact, it's a post-CCIP upgrade.

BAe Systems was awarded a contract to supply 336 Mode-5 capable AN/APX-125(V) Advanced IFF to the USAF in April 2013.

The installation on Block 40/42 Vipers was scheduled to be completed by May 2015.

Externally, the older AN/APX-113(V) and the AN/APX-125(V) are virtually identical.

blk42_beyond_zpshik5fgkz.jpg

block4042_evo_zpscz3giyg3.jpg

1 hour ago, Stinger16 said:

Here is my build of a 1/32 Tamiya f-16 ccip block 42 with all the current updates

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=63502&hl=

Lovely build I must say. Captures the look of the have glass pretty well!  How did you get it to look like that?